So why would any one buy the new Xbox or PS?

upliftsleet1974
Go to solution Solved by 8521546,

Well, for one, there's the console exclusives.

Also, for me, and a lot of other people, most of friends only game on consoles. So if you wanna play against them, you kinda have to go the console route.

i see a lot of people using that argument, but heres my take on it:

A cupple for years ago me and my friend group (we are about 6 people) they all had only ps3 and i where the only one that did have a gaming pc. I was going to upgrade almost all my parts in my old gaming p s then i gave the parts to one of my friends to install in his crappy stationary pc. so when he got those parts (a new cpu and gpu. belive it was a gtx 460 or gtx 560) he started to play on his pc a little bit. and after a wile he got into pc gaming more and more. after a while he didnt play ps3 at all. so when we where gaming on pcs the other guys also started gaming on pcs. one after one bougth pcs, some bougth 2000dollar pcs and some didnt think tha hardware did mather so muchthat they bougth cheap pcs and just upgraded the gpu etc. so, story getting a little long... so what im trying to say is that you shuld try to convinse them that pc is better no mather how you look at it then mabye they starts to realise that its the good path to follow. or they just want to try it. try to convince them. thats what im trying to say. 

story and otherr things may not ge correct grammat and thins like that, some sentences doesnt even make sense, im not all that good in english so dont blame me. blame that potato that is looking at you trough your window

So after looking at PC parts for a bit I made up this rig setup that I am going to call the console killer!

It can and will run all the games out right now on high/max at 60 fps!

So lets talk about it what do you think what will you do with this up coming release of the consoles?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1bXbN

I am going to say one thing please don't be a fan boy when you reply take a few seconds to look at the facts

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Why would anyone buy the new Xbox or PS? Software optimization for games.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Software optimization for games.

For the consoles or pc?  

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Also, for me, and a lot of other people, most of friends only game on consoles. So if you wanna play against them, you kinda have to go the console route.

For the consoles or pc?  

Consoles.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Well there is pc exclusives also. 

And your friends will also be thinking about the new consoles so why not tell them how in reach a pc is.

Consoles.

Well at the same time you can do so much more with a pc.

uhm you didnt include a copy of windows....can games run on linuxx???? not sure

also not everyone can use the mail in rebates or sales... imo a 120$ gpu from amd should still beat the console but the games are optimized for consoles...

And your friends will also be thinking about the new consoles so why not tell them how in reach a pc is.

I'm a pc gamer but you can't compare console exclusives(Last of us) to pc exclusives(torchlight ,company of heroes) .

Well at the same time you can do so much more with a pc.

Yes, But for people that are only gaming, consoles may end up being more effective.

can games run on linuxx???? not sure

Some can.

uhm you didnt include a copy of windows....can games run on linuxx???? not sure

also not everyone can use the mail in rebates or sales... imo a 120$ gpu from amd should still beat the console but the games are optimized for consoles...

yes you can run some games on Linux and or bootleg windows 

I'm a pc gamer but you can't compare console exclusives(Last of us) to pc exclusives(torchlight ,company of heroes) .

Yes but what about games like arma 3

Yep, like David said. The console exclusives just appear better...

Not only that, but for my age group, upgrading a PC every 3 or 4 years is not really possible for financial reasons. Buy a console, and it lasts you up to almost 10 years or so, no upgrades necessary.

Yes, But for people that are only gaming, consoles may end up being more effective.

I am with you there.

Well as a non windows user a console is a good option, so no need to have a windows box.

Just  one example why a console can make sense.

Optimization. I rather pay the 400$ for a PS4 and get games that run great at great graphics than having to spend a ton on a PC for it to run on similar graphics.

PCs will dominate again in 1-2 years.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

Well as a non windows user a console is a good option, so no need to have a windows box.

Just an one example why a console can make sense.

But at the same time you are limited to what they say can and cant be on there console.

Eventually, PCs will overtake consoles once again because consoles (unless they have cloud computing options) will either have to sacrifice graphics to continue running at a 1080p @ 60FPS consistently, or sacrifice resolution and frame rate to have better graphics.

Mainly friends, im not paying for online and im fed up of the prices. Ill get new friends such as you guys as the other stuff is complete bs.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Eventually, PCs will overtake consoles once again because consoles (unless they have cloud computing options) will either have to sacrifice graphics to continue running at a 1080p @ 60FPS consistently, or sacrifice resolution and frame rate to have better graphics.

My point and you can turn your settings on pc down or upgrade your gpu.

Yes but what about games like arma 3

Its good but there aren't many quality exclusives on pc compared to consoles :/

But at the same time you are limited to what they say can and cant be on there console.

True, but that's true to all systems if you mean games.

console exclusives duh, no matter what you can't stop me from buying a ps4 :)

they have there ups and downs and in the end it comes down to the user

I would if money grew on trees.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.