which gpu is better!

Adnan Nasif

I am going to buy . Gpu so whichone should I buy.?

r9 280 or

gtx 760

??¿?????¿

A GTX 960 if that's in the same price range. The 760 is outdated.

who cares...

Yep but many people said that.760 is better than 960 .

Really?

I've heard that the GTX 960 is a true sucessor to the GTX 660 (due to the GPU) but I haven't heard that the GTX 760 is better. I have no idea how they would come to that conclusion.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Really?

I've heard that the GTX 960 is a true sucessor to the GTX 660 (due to the GPU) but I haven't heard that the GTX 760 is better. I have no idea how they would come to that conclusion.

So what 960 it is

I would go 280.

I would also consider the 960 for a little more, it has much better power efficency, any is a tad better for gaming. But realistically I do not think it is work the extra 40$

But, if you over clocked a 760 to the rate of a 960. It may yield better results. But, that OC would be pretty hard to do. The 760 is cheaper than a 960.

Quote my post if you need me to respond.

So what 960 it is

If you are on a budget then look into the 280 though my personal preference would be the GTX 960 or even you can save the extra then look into the GTX 970.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Ehhh... GTX 960 tbh.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

The new driver @F Bomb245amd have some problem? I dunno but today my friend who using 270 tell me that the latest driver have some problem

The new driver @F Bomb245amd have some problem? I dunno but today my friend who using 270 tell me that the latest driver have some problem

I personally think that anyone having driver issues has just been mucking about in Catalyst CC too much. I've had AMD graphics once a generation since the 5000 series and I've never had any driver issues.

CPU: Intel 5930k cooled by H110i GT Mobo: MSI X99S XPower AC RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum 2800mhz GPU: 2x MSi Lightning 290x SSD: 512GB 850 Pro HDD: 4&2TB WD Black PSU: Corsair AX1500i Case: Corsair 900D Monitor: 3xVG248QE  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark  Mouse: Logitech G700s  Headset: Astro A50

I like chocolate milk.

I am going to buy . Gpu so whichone should I buy.?

r9 280 or

gtx 760

??¿?????¿

The 280. Jayztwocents has a video on this exact topic, you should check it out.

I personally would go with the R9 280 if you plan on using any texturepacks, antialiasing, skyrim mods, or things like that because it has more VRAM. 

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

Yep but many people said that.760 is better than 960 .

The people who say that look only at the specifications on paper. The GTX 960 has lower memory bandwidth, a smaller memory bus, fewer CUDA cores... but it performs better than the GTX 760 in everything. The difference varies depending on the game as some do require more memory bandwidth than others. But the GTX 960 is better.

R9 280X > GTX 960 ~= R9 285 > R9 280 > GTX 760

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

I just wanna to notice here something about the AMD driver.

If you have a driver that runs. Don't change it unless you really need to and you are good to go. That worked for my 7870 a long time(I don't use it anymore now) and that is the best way to keep trouble away on the AMD site.  They don't have that bad drivers. Since I use Nvidia I don't noticed any difference... my Geforce Experience likes to crash, not start or don't show any window at all. And Eyefinity is waaay better^^.  

Just keep a stable driver. 

Since 970 and 900M "Patch" I would be careful with Nvidia stuff. Just my opinion here.

9 of 10 voices in my mind say I'm crazy. The tenth hums the melody of Tetris.