Having Great Fun with my Devil 13 Dual 290X: Post Number 2- Gaming

Go to solution Solved by Brett Taggart,

Only for your specs it seems. 

try selecting everything and press the 'remove format' button (in the top left) and after that apply Comic Sans again.

If that doesn't work, nevermind it :P

Ok i tried it, better results?

Hey

I dont have screen caps at the moment, I will get them if required. Just thought I would get that out of the way off the bat.

Well I was really excited to get my Powercolor 290x2 in the mail from Overclockers UK (its refurbished but does work properly) but I initially was plaugued with problems, ranging from no display at all to 4K video stutter on Youtube.

Now this one I think will be a little more complex then the last and may not even be fixable which would be a shame.

So its about crossfire actually managing to work in games at all.

So I tried the Metro LL Benchmark which game me about 104 FPS average with Crossfire enabled- it did lock up the whole system after the 4th run I think maybe due to heat but the auto fan speed was working hard- Yes I understand the card is hot, loud and heavy as I feel it should have been more of a prototype than production model. i own it and I guess Im going to have to deal with it. 

Moving onto the next game: Bioshock Infinite Benchmark:

Ran flawlesly with 152 average with crossfire enabled

3D mark I ran just before with a score of 14,115

Grid Autosport does concern me as I dont think crossfire will ever work in the game even though Ive seen from review sites that it does

Battlefield 4

- Crossfire really hit ad miss- more likely a miss. I have disabled ULPS for those who will ask- I have disabled and re-enabled crossfire with various other settings

Well initially it would completely lock up the system whenever I tried to launch the game, with or without crossfire enabled, I did get around to erasing the drivers with the Driver Uninstaller tool which seemed to help stability but everytime i play I always get some kind of issue- weather it be a lock on 30fps? who knows why, Crossfire working but only at 50% per GPU (this is with and without frame-pacing).The really odd thing is that both GPU's say they are running but never at 100% or they would be at near abouts 100% in the team score menu after the match.

I just dont know what i can do.

I am new to the whole crossfire thing and i understand its still maturing but bit shouldnt be not working at all?

I can attach screen caps but I wont be able to reply until this time again tomorrow

Cheers

Heres my Specs sorry:

• CPU
    Intel Core i5 4670k- 4.4Ghz 1.27v
  • Motherboard
    Asus B85 Pro Gamer
  • RAM
    2x4GB Kingston Hyper X Beast @ 1600Mhz
  • GPU
    PowerColor Devil 13 Dual Core 290X (295x2 aircooled)
  • Case
    Corsair Air 540
  • Storage
    Samsung 250GB 840 EVO + WD Black 1TB
  • PSU
    Raidmax 1000AE
  • Display(s)
    AOC i2367f 1920x1080p
  • Cooling
    Arctic Freezer 13 Pro CPU Cooler
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G110
  • Mouse
    Madcatz R.A.T 7
  •  
  • Operating System
    Windows 8.1 Professional

Project Devils Delight

Mobo:ASUS B85 PRO Gamer  CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k   RAM: 8GB Kingston HYPERX Beast 1600Mhz    GPU PowerColor Devils 13 Dual Core 290X

Case: Corsair Air 540 strips Storage: Samsung 256GB SSD and a 1TB WD Black (2013 Model)                                                                                                       

-snip-

Alright cool. Would like to see some pics.

Can you change the font color to automatic please? Thanks. 

(By the way, that font though..)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

How do You change it to Automatic??

I use Comic Sans because somebody with high credentials on this forum told me not to, so I decided to rebel and use it in all my posts

Project Devils Delight

Mobo:ASUS B85 PRO Gamer  CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k   RAM: 8GB Kingston HYPERX Beast 1600Mhz    GPU PowerColor Devils 13 Dual Core 290X

Case: Corsair Air 540 strips Storage: Samsung 256GB SSD and a 1TB WD Black (2013 Model)                                                                                                       

How do You change it to Automatic??

I use Comic Sans because somebody with high credentials on this forum told me not to, so I decided to rebel and use it in all my posts

You little rebel.. I like you..

You press "edit" (on the right, near where qoute or Like This would be) Select all your text and look at the top, right next to "Font" and "size"

You will see a color tab, press automatic there.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You little rebel.. I like you..

You press "edit" (on the right, near where qoute or Like This would be) Select all your text and look at the top, right next to "Font" and "size"

You will see a color tab, press automatic there.

Did that work?

Project Devils Delight

Did that work?

try selecting everything and press the 'remove format' button (in the top left) and after that apply Comic Sans again.

Project Devils Delight

Yep. It's perfect now :)

Yup, it worked!

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Ok so what screen caps would you like, be specific so I can get them to you tomorrow ASAP

Project Devils Delight

And this is why I bleed nvidia. I don't ever get issues in sli

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

Heey what screen caps would you like?

Project Devils Delight

Well the First Picture is when I spawn in BF4- the GPU usage is no higher than 50% usually- its 60 in this case but I can tell that its not fully utilized 

http://imgur.com/MAhPSFB&SWevSiM#1

The Second Picture is when either before Im spawning or when im in the Customization menu or at the end of the match when the scoreboards come um the usage is in the vicinity of 80-100%

http://imgur.com/MAhPSFB&SWevSiM#0

Project Devils Delight

Well thanks for who replied and who forgot to reply back, but I will be getting a new PSU this week

Project Devils Delight