computer loses power suddenly and restarts

Go to solution Solved by TheDevilFrog,

Hello! I am new to the computer world so dont take my advise too serisly,  I think you have a problem with your power supply, i had the same problem, no overheat and no errors. it turned out that i bought a off brand psu. Post the make of the psu please. 

Hello people,

hope you guys can help, I have looked online and they all seem to say that its an overheating issue, and it might happen at any moment, my computer keeps losing power suddenly and restarting and i have no idea why, the temperatures are fine, I used different power points, there is no blue screen, no errors, I don't know were should i start looking

help me obi wan kenobi you're my only hope

Hello! I am new to the computer world so dont take my advise too serisly,  I think you have a problem with your power supply, i had the same problem, no overheat and no errors. it turned out that i bought a off brand psu. Post the make of the psu please. 

Hello people,

hope you guys can help, I have looked online and they all seem to say that its an overheating issue, and it might happen at any moment, my computer keeps losing power suddenly and restarting and i have no idea why, the temperatures are fine, I used different power points, there is no blue screen, no errors, I don't know were should i start looking

Hello people,

sounds like a faulty psu or something with psu cause i had the same issue with a 550w psu that came with my case i replaced it with a good 750w 80+ unit and it works perfectly since.....

TIP: you should put your pc specs so ppl can see what hardware you have to help you better :)

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

spec of your PC and what PSU you got in your system

is there the Kernal Power error 41 you see in Event Viewer?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Could be A PSU problem Or a Ram Placement Problem  in my experience with was ram placement.

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

I had this problem and it took me ages to figure out. I ended up being caused by a sleeved 24 pin motherboard extension cable that had slightly damaged pins at the point of connection to the board. I bought a new power supply which didn't fix the problem because I kept the extension cable. I didn't discover the faulty cable until I replaced it after buying a new sleeved extension kit. The most likely cause of your shutdowns is a faulty power supply but I'd recommend checking that the cables are property connected to your hardware and to the power supply itself (if it's modular) before replacing it.

Hello people,

What CPU an GPU do you have, and how many Watts are in your Power Supply Unit? It could be a plain shortage of Watts.

Also, make sure that your power socket in the wall isn't damaged :P

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Sorry guys my computer is dead now haha ill get my computer spec up as soon as I can

Sorry guys my computer is dead now haha ill get my computer spec up as soon as I can

as i said sounds like a psu issue

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

thanks every one, a lot of people say its a PSU issue, but before I buy one and get it, here are the specs that are in my profile now, lol how to you get them to show like you guys 

System

• CPU
    Intel Core i7 4820K
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws Z F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3
  • GPU
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 OC 3GB
  • Case
    NZXT H630 Case Matte Black, Cut some holes in it =P
  • Storage
    OCZ Agility 4 512GB SSD, Western Digital WD Blue 1TB WD10EZEX
  • PSU
    Cougar CMX850 850W Power Supply
  • Display(s)
    BenQ RL2450H 24in LED Widescreen Gaming Monitor
  • Cooling
    NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller,Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC 140mm 3000RPM PWM Fan x 7, Noctua NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fan with 120mm Mounts x 2, Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler
  • Keyboard
    Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 Blue Backlit Mechanical Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Corsair Vengeance M65 FPS Laser Gaming Mouse Gunmetal Black
  • Sound
    Swan M10 Powered 2.1 System Black
  • Operating System
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

That PSU doesn't seem to be dodgy, but maybe you got a defective unit (?)

I'd honestly recommend trying a friend's PSU and see if it solves the issue to narrow down the points of failure.

Please follow your post too so you see updates faster.

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue

ok I am just going to buy a PSU, I don't know anyone with a PSU, and I do follow my post, I just had to get a computer set up because my computer isn't working at the moment, thanks again guys

Check if your RAM is ok first. Placement on the MB and run memtest or something.

Also if you buy a new PSU don't buy 850W again. It's kind of an overkill. 700W is more than enough for your system. Except if you're planning for another GPU in the future.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE(that isn't listening anymore) my computer is twerking again thanks to your valuable informationSS from the great beyond oh yeah i was meant to say it was the PSU  

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE(that isn't listening anymore) my computer is twerking again thanks to your valuable informationSS from the great beyond oh yeah i was meant to say it was the PSU  

i knew it .... it was a faulty psu :D