Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Nitro portal

How long have you coded for - For about 8 months.

what languages do you code - C#

future goals or projects - I want to mod games and make the ultimate calculator.

How long have you coded for - 18 years (since 14, I'm not "that" old)

what languages do you code - Now mostly C#, some C/C++, Java, Python and other scripts

future goals or projects - Hard to say. Whatever they pay me to do in my job?

~del misread~

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

How long have you coded for - 8 years ish

what languages do you code - Primarily PHP, HTML, Javascript and CSS but have also learnt Java, Pascal, Delphi, Asslember, Python, VB and probably some other stuff along the way.

future goals or projects - Complete my current personal project, learn ECL (data-centric programming language)

How long have you coded for - 18 years (since 14, I'm not "that" old)

what languages do you code - Now mostly C#, some C/C++, Java, Python and other scripts

future goals or projects - Hard to say. Whatever they pay me to do in my job?

You know what? I do have a future goal. Go back and finish my BS degree. That will make my grandma happy

How long have you coded for

Depends on how you look at it. The first time I wrote code in Java was in 2004 so that'd be 11 years ago. However, in 2005-2009 I didn't touch coding in any way, other than a fond memory. In university, I took a minor in CS from 2010-2011, which I should probably consider my starting point. However, I wouldn't say that I've coded for 5 years, since I have done very little since 2011.

what languages do you code

Being that I'm a math person at heart, I haven't really ran into a pressing need to learn multiple languages. For now, I'm only confident in the bit of basic Java I know. I have read some beginner manuals on Python, but did not find it to my liking.

future goals or projects

I definitely need to learn either Matlab or Scilab. In terms of projects, I had a few leftover ideas I had during my studies that I would like to complete.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

If you mean how long since the first time I tried to code, it depends what is considered a base line, if a low level educational programming language counts I did quite a bit of Logo in grade school so that would be 20 years ago, but if the question is for high level abstracted languages, I guess 10 years when I first had to do Visual Basic in high school.

Right now C++ for work. Also a bit of ActionScript as I am a Programmer on a UI team because we have to work with Flash.

I have prior experience with, C# (XNA, Windows Phone, .NET), Ruby/Rails, Java, PHP, VB (.NET), Javascript, LUA.
I don't list it but I've also tried a bit of COBOL and Haskell but not enough to say I'm proficient at using them.

future goals or projects

It used to be my dream/future goal so I guess I'm already living it, but basically I want to keep working in the Gaming Industry on games that millions of people will enjoy.

How long have you coded for - 5 years

what languages do you code - 

C++ (primary)

C#

LabVIEW

PICAXE Basic

Unity Script (javascript)

Lua

Matlab

future goals or projects - 

Learn assembly code

Learn OpenGL specification.

Develop a cross-platform C++ game engine.

Learn Direct3D 12 API when released.

Unity script? Uh? It's just a javascript api and its not like its own language as for you can choose between several languages including c#.

How long have you coded for - 4 years

what languages do you code - java (mostly), C#

future goals or projects - learn C++ and JS and make a damn game

I want to save you time and effort. It's not as easy as leaning c++ unless you have friends and yourself with experience with texture editing, making sounds, compression, etc.

How long? About 15-16 years (1999)

Languages: C++, C#, Java, C, javascript, Python, Ruby, Lua, VB, Basic, QBasic

Future Projects? Currently working on a 2D fangame in Unreal Engine 4.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

How long have you coded for - About two years

what languages do you code - Java, VB, Python (sort of), JavaScript, HTML, CSS, C++ (a bit)

Future goals or projects - Actually learn python and C++ properly. Learning C# would also be good.

How long : About 10 years 

Languages : C,C++, Java, javascript, Python, PHP, VB, QBasic, PC LOGO ( lol ), 

Future Projects : C# , Ruby on Rails, VB ( going back to this ), Xcode

How long have you coded for: 3 Years 

what languages do you code: C#

future goals or projects: Want to learn C++ and create an Indie game studio :)

Unity script? Uh? It's just a javascript api and its not like its own language as for you can choose between several languages including c#.

Technically they're very different. They're more or less the same syntactically but different in semantically and its actually much closer to javascript .NET. For example Javascript doesn't use classes but Unityscript does, semi colons are 'more' required. The static keyword is used to make variables global in unity even though static doesn't exist at all in JS. You can't declare more than one variable with 1 var statement where as JS you can declare as many as you want. There are many more differences between Unityscript and JS so really it is a different language since it doesn't remotely follow the JS specification and it follows which ever specifications the Unity developers set for it. 

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

I want to save you time and effort. It's not as easy as leaning c++ unless you have friends and yourself with experience with texture editing, making sounds, compression, etc.

my C++ experience was a very basic class back in high school.

How Long: 6-7 Years, only startet to get serious about it 4 Years ago

Language: C#, C++, Java, VB, Python, Html, Javascript, Delphi and Pascal

Goals: I'll start studying cumputrer science this summer, Will go from there. Would love to be a software engineer and/or developer. But I want to crate a game with a friend befor the studies begin:)

CPU: i7 5930k @4.3 GHz, Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe, RAM: 32 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport ddr4 (2400 MHz), GPU: 2 x Gigabyte gtx 970 G1 Gaming @ 1500 MHz,

Case: Corsair obsidian 750d, Storage: Samsung 850 Pro ssd (512GB) and 3TB WD Black, PSU: Coolermaster v850, Display: Asus Rog swift,                             

Cooling: Coolermaster Nepton 280L, Keyboard: Corsair Vengence K70 RGB (Mx-red), Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD Optical, Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR paired with Audioengine A5+ 

How long have you coded for - I started learning Python around 3 years ago however I've only been seriously programming for the past year.

What languages do you code - Python and C++ however I'm experimenting with Go and Rust

Future goals - Complete my CS degree (currently bachelors but I might go masters), get a job that doesn't suck, and become a better programmer.

Projects - Mostly little automation tools and bots, nothing serious (yet). I'm trying really hard to come up with an embedded type project though that uses a Raspberry Pi and the GPIO pins.

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

a while?? idek

Whatever language I need for a project

As you get more experienced you start to learn that this question is not actually relevant, because all languages have the same concepts for the most part. Some languages are better for certain things than others. Eventually picking up a new language becomes second nature.

future goals or projects

I'd like to get into game dev eventually but for now just LTT things :)

How long have you coded for -  5 Years

what languages do you code - JAVA / C# / C++ / Ruby on Rails / PHP / JS / HTML-CSS

future goals or projects - probably new Game project, will see when I get the time.

On and off for about a year

Python

Finish learning Python and make a text based game

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

How long have you coded for - 3 years

what languages do you code - C, C++, C#, Java, Powershell, Javascript, x86/x86_64 assembly, ARM assembly (THUMB), VHDL, PL/SQL, batch, MATLAB

future goals or projects - Finish writing a basic C compiler, try and make a game with OpenGL, learn INTERCAL.

Whatever language I need for a project

As you get more experienced you start to learn that this question is not actually relevant, because all languages have the same concepts for the most part. Some languages are better for certain things than others. Eventually picking up a new language becomes second nature.

I'm gonna disagree, since many languages don't require you to understand how pointers work.

If you know C# only, then you try and write assembly, you're gonna have a hard time figuring out what's going on.