Radiator cleaning when new

Chiobe
Go to solution Solved by Chiobe,

Hocking it up to hot tap water an let it run for 5 minutes, seemed to do the trick.

Then I flushed once more with destilled water. I'm going to use ek coolant, so it should not be a problem if there are a few water drops left.

How clean should the radiator be before its recommended to use it?

I have done 6-7 passes of hot distiled water with about 1 minute of shaking each time, its still not 100% clean (maybe 90% clean).

But I'm running out of distiled water and cant get it localy in any stores.

So can I run with it?

you should run it for several hours with tap water, then do the final passes with distilled water

because if you only use distilled water, youre gonna need a lot of it

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yeah, have already used 6 of the 9 liters I have available.

But does it need to be fully clean?

yes it needs to be fully clean because otherwise you will get that crap stuck in your waterblocks

just run hot tap water through it for half a day or an entire day, then use the rest of your distilled water to clean the tap water out and it should be good

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yeah, have already used 6 of the 9 liters I have available.

But does it need to be fully clean?

There will always fall off some stuff later but I usually run my loop 24h in test before I put it on my hardware and clean it afterwards. That way may loops last easy for 9-12 months without maintenance. But also depending on the coolant. If you use just distilled water with a silver kill coil I found that to last the longest.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

So you ask a question and the best answer is your own answer? Maybe it's best just to ask yourself next time. :P

I took the advice of the others, but came up with my own solution, so thats what I put as answer :P

So you 'took' anothers answer then you plagiarising thief! Your loop will die of aids now.