Best DAC (not DAC/Amp) >=300

Corruption

I'm already getting the schiit Asgard 2 AMP which is $280 so I need a DAC in that price range as well. Please no DAC amp combos

Taking Falling to whole new Heights

I'm already getting the schiit Asgard 2 AMP which is $280 so I need a DAC in that price range as well. Please no DAC amp combos

If you're getting a Schiit, might as well get another Schiit and pick up the Modi.

I wanna know what headphone this is for.

He has the HD558 and he said he's about to get a hd600 and he was the one looking for the closed headphone for $1000. 

He has the HD558 and he said he's about to get a hd600 and he was the one looking for the closed headphone for $1000.

I wanna know what headphone this is for.

Listening to music and playing games. And I wanted closed headphones under 1k but I'm looking at the alpha dog for 600.

Listening to music and playing games. And I wanted closed headphones under 1k but I'm looking at the alpha dog for 600.

Like I said in my other post, alpha dogs are pretty bad. Not worth $600 or the $450 I paid for mine. You should look at the Shure 1540 or if you want to spend more, the Final Audio Design Pandora VI are good too but those are pricey. I recommend getting Shure 1540 pads if you do go for those headphones though. 

Why upgrade when you have the monoprice.

I don't. I had a lot of different plans but this is the current one.

Like I said in my other post, alpha dogs are pretty bad. Not worth $600 or the $450 I paid for mine. You should look at the Shure 1540. 

Just because your a bass head and don't enjoy the Alpha Dogs doesn't mean they're bad. 

Just because your a bass head and don't enjoy the Alpha Dogs doesn't mean they're bad. 

*You're* off topic!!

I don't. I had a lot of different plans but this is the current one.

Sounds like you have more money than you know what to do with.

*You're* off topic!!

Sounds like you have more money than you know what to do with.

No money but tons of time to research as I yet to have a job

I'm not a basshead though. 

kek

That's why TH600's aren't your favorite, I'm sure.

*You're* off topic!!

No, your are!

kek

That's why TH600's aren't your favorite, I'm sure.

The TH600 aren't my favorite because they didn't have enough isolation :P

And most of my headphones are fairly neutral now. The exception being my Modded T50RPs. 

Like I said in my other post, alpha dogs are pretty bad. Not worth $600 or the $450 I paid for mine. You should look at the Shure 1540 or if you want to spend more, the Final Audio Design Pandora VI are good too but those are pricey. I recommend getting Shure 1540 pads if you do go for those headphones though. 

Wow that's a pretty big statement to make, You could always do a doggie treat on alpha dogs, make it sounds darker if the highs too forward

Wow that's a pretty big statement to make, You could always do a doggie treat on alpha dogs, make it sounds darker if the highs too forward

I've tried the doggie treats and they do help but it still didn't sound good to me. Maybe I got a faulty one that wasn't tuned properly?

I've tried the doggie treats and they do help but it still didn't sound good to me. Maybe I got a faulty one that wasn't tuned properly?

Maybe they just aren't for you, my friend owns a pair of AD and she likes it, although it's damn heavy  :mellow:

Maybe they just aren't for you, my friend owns a pair of AD and she likes it, although it's damn heavy  :mellow:

Yeah that's another problem with it. They were super heavy and didn't fit all that well because of it. I also prefer the Sennheiser pad that Mayflower has on his Fostexs instead of the suspension band Mr. Speakers has. 

Yeah that's another problem with it. They were super heavy and didn't fit all that well because of it. I also prefer the Sennheiser pad that Mayflower has on his Fostexs instead of the suspension band Mr. Speakers has. 

True. Well denon D2K or SRH1540 are always good options. or are you just suggesting SRH1540 so you can sell yours to him  :ph34r: ?

I was the one who recommended schiit asgard btw, I thought when you're spending $600 or more on headphone, might as well spend some more on amp.

OP, I'd recommend ODAC, it should be more than enough. If you want versatility, get the modi 2 uber as it has all the input you'd probably need

True. Well denon D2K or SRH1540 are always good options. or are you just suggesting SRH1540 so you can sell yours to him  :ph34r: ?

I was the one who recommended schiit asgard btw, I thought when you're spending $600 or more on headphone, might as well spend some more on amp.

OP, I'd recommend ODAC, it should be more than enough. If you want versatility, get the modi 2 uber as it has all the input you'd probably need

Nah I actually like it other than the size. For normal people it's an excellent headphone. I'm the only one selling one on Amazon so it'll sell other there soon. Not too worried about that. The headphone that is going to be hard to sell though is the HD700. 

or are you just suggesting SRH1540 so you can sell yours to him  :ph34r: ?

post-2468-0-72613900-1424041999.gif

No way, Jose. You know we never recommend spending so much money. 

post-2468-0-72613900-1424041999.gif

No way, Jose. You know we never recommend spending so much money. 

Combining LCD-2 with O2 / ODAC while works well, looks a bit tedious. Meh, the man could spend over $1K for audio, another $150 for a better looking amp won't hurt. Asgard 2, Lyr 2, Magni 2 and O2 are probably the only full size headphone amps i recommend (wow that's a lot of 2)

Combining LCD-2 with O2 / ODAC while works well, looks a bit tedious. Meh, the man could spend over $1K for audio, another $150 for a better looking amp won't hurt. Asgard 2, Lyr 2, Magni 2 and O2 are probably the only full size headphone amps i recommend (wow that's a lot of 2)

There's plenty of other solutions out there, no reason to be a Schiit fanboy. I personally dislike the O2 design too much to use one myself, so I don't mention it lately.

There's plenty of other solutions out there, no reason to be a Schiit fanboy. I personally dislike the O2 design too much to use one myself, so I don't mention it lately.

Well there's audio GD, but are you sure you're going to let the chinese rule over our economy  :D ?

Note: It's just a joke, maybe a racist one. Don't get your jimmy rustled