BEST GTX 970

id go for the G1

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

What is your budget?

Do you plan to SLI?

What is the rest of your build?

Because he had a hard drive.

What is your budget?

Do you plan to SLI?

What is the rest of your build?

CORE COMPONENTS

CPU 345,00€ - INTEL Core i7-4790K

Motherboard 129,90€ - Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3 Intel Z97 SK1150

Storage HD 58,50€ - WD WD10EZEX Blue 1TB

SSD 69,90€ - Crucial MX100 2.5 Sata III 128GB

RAM 80,90€ - Kingston DDR3 HyperX FURY Black 2x4GB 1600MHz Cas10

Power Supply  65,90€ - XFX TS 550W 80 PLUS BRONZE (P1-550S-XXB9)

Case 76,90€ - NZXT Source 340 - Black (Window)

Yes i want the option to SLI but that's in the future and the money does not mean much because on the web site i'm building my pc they are both the same price. I just wantes to know wich one is better overall

I haven't used the Asus one (yet), but I've ran tests on the G1 and I really like it. It's quiet even at full load - only got up to 60C on full load and remained quieter than I expected.

G1 for sure.

I'm seeing that a lot of people love G1 Gaming and another lot of people love Strix, so it would be easier for me if you guys tell me the reasons of your choices pls  :)

From what I've seen the G1 comes clocked a bit higher, overclocks a bit better, and maybe has a bit lower temps under load.

The G1 would look better in that case, but it won't match the red on the mobo...

The difference is minor so don't overthink it.

Wich one is the best gtx 970 ? 

Asus GTX970 STRIX or Gigabyte GTX970 G1 GAMING ?

I'd prefer the strix.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

G1 for overclocks

Strix for silence

Do NEVER SLI the GTX 970 however. Just don't!! I've done it and you run into the VRAM problem quite often. The 970 ist not a card for SLI. Just keep your fingers off the card if you want to SLI.

who cares...

I had almost the same problem as you and almost the same stuff too but i decided that i wouldnt actually need an i7 and that the i5 4690k would be good enough for me and than that extra $100 was put towards a 980. However i realize that you may have different needs than me and you probably wont want to downgrade your cpu so the only thing i can really say is that the Strix card will proably get better cooling because the heat pipes make actual contact with the gpu core and that the fans dont even come on until about 65 degrees celcius, however if you dont think that those things matter than go with the G1 card. However i highly recommend you get an i5 and use the extra money for a 980 considering the last .5gb of vram is EXREMELY slow apparently while playing games. Although a good bit of games dont use all 4 gb of vram so its really up to you. 

CPUi7 4790k (4.0 Ghz)| MotherboardMSI Z97 Gaming-5 ATX LGA1150| RAM: 16 Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro(DDR3-1600, Red 4x4Gb)GPUEVGA GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0| CaseFractal Design Define R5 (Black with Window)| StorageWestern Digital Caviar Blue 1TB and Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD| PSUCorsair HX750i 80+ Platinum| Display(s) Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" CoolingCorsair H100i GTX| Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB| MouseRazer Deathadder Chroma|

970 HOF

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2