U28D590D GTX 970 compatibility

josh.der55

Is the gtx 970 compatible with the samsung U28D590D 4K monitor and if not how many will i need. If the 970 is not compatible at all what nvidia graphics card will i need in the same price range?

1st - Yes it is

2nd - You won't have any good experiance playing in 4k with a 970

2nd - You won't have any good experiance playing in 4k with a 970

Complete bs, 970 can max/near max out the majority of non super demanding AAA titles at 4k (MOBA's, MMO's, CS:GO, most racing games, simulators, older games, etc) Demanding AAA games then yea, you'll want at least two, but it still won't be unplayable.

@josh.der55 yes it's compatible through displayport 1.2

RIP in pepperonis m8s

The best bet for 4k is a 295x2. It will give solid 60 fps on MOST games. The 970 will work but you will lag like hell

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

You should be fine. Some games would have to run in medium or even low to maintain 60fps.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

Complete bs, 970 can max/near max out the majority of non super demanding AAA titles at 4k (MOBA's, MMO's, CS:GO, most racing games, simulators, older games, etc) Demanding AAA games then yea, you'll want at least two, but it still won't be unplayable.

@josh.der55 yes it's compatible through displayport 1.2

khem, fanboy, khem. Yeah, a 480 could max them out too, at below 30 fps. 290/290x's are just plain better option at 4k atm. They don't have a vram problem and are cool enough to be overclocked 

khem, fanboy, khem. Yeah, a 480 could max them out too, at below 30 fps. 290/290x's are just plain better option at 4k atm. They don't have a vram problem and are cool enough to be overclocked 

So now I'm a Nvidia, AMD, and Intel fanboy.

The 970 is 11% worse than a 290x at 4k and has 12.5% less vram (yes it has all 4GB, but w/e), I know the 290x is superior, but that's not the question. The 970 isn't just magically garbage at 4k by being 11% worse than its competitor. You don't go from being able to play every game to not being able to play any game with an 11% performance loss, you just don't.

Also, this:

Is the gtx 970 compatible with the samsung U28D590D 4K monitor and if not how many will i need. If the 970 is not compatible at all what nvidia graphics card will i need in the same price range?

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Have that exact monitor and when I had 970's it played fine

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

You can run that monitor fur sure with DP with a GTX970. Bud AAA titles will not be super enjoyable with 1 card though. Other games that aren´t really demanding will be just fine.

Do you have that monitor already? Because if not maybe you want to wait a couple of months. Asus will bring a new iteration of the RoG Swift in 4K with IPS and G-Sync, I´m waiting on that monitor!

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling