Virgin Media to spend £3 billion improving fibre network

Currently on EE (BT's line)

They throttle torrent traffic but that's about it, I'm getting 35 Down 6 Up, so i'd like virgin to come to where I live. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

But you have gigabit internet D:

he cares about us lowly peasant with shitty internet

Please. Come. To. The. US.

We need you.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Shut up, u are getting google fibre all over the place :D

The VM better improve their throttling here in UK. I remember how I could hardly watch YouTube at certain time of the day....

7 cities in small areas of well above 40,000 towns/cities have it which the closest is like 3200km away lol

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Hate to break it to you guys but if what Altecice said is true and they are using DOCSIS you don't have fiber lol this is FTTN more or less except instead of using regular phone lines from the node to your house there using Coaxial.

i have VM 152Mb, from my perspective its definitely as advertised from my experience. but I have to agree with many people about the speed not being 152 all the time. peak hours and weekends its not 152 but more like 140-148 Mbps. cant really complain to be honest, I'm happy with it and its good to see ISP's investing in high speed broadband. now compare that to the complete ISP monopoly in the US ^_^ . we cant really complain (unless you live in a rural area). one thing i don't get is when people complain about not getting their broadband speed as advertised, yet they don't have the proper equipment that is capable for handling such speeds. having said that upload speed could be alot better, 12Mbps up is not really that great considering you get 152 down. ;)