Spiderloser
hi all just wondering are these any good for gaming

Dell P2214H or P2312H

my specs are

Asus z87-plus

intel 4790k (yet to buy)

gtx 980 (yet to Buy )

or gtx 780 in sli (yet to Buy )

Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3-1600 2 X 4 GB (upgraging to 16 gb)

WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD

240gb ssd (yet to buy)

or would somehting else work better my buget is £130 (max) 

lol i hear you i htink you mite be right may have to increse the buget for the moniter tho but im not going to buy a 144hz one  or a g sync one there both way to expensive for my build and buget maybe go up to £150 and see if i can get anything tnx :)

another guy whos building a sick config and wants a puny tiny barely-visible monitor...

why do you people do that!? dont you want to ENJOY your games? or you want to RUN them? see how powerful the gpu`s are? Are you building this system for yourself of for your gpu`s?

heres some free advice on how to actually enjoy games:

1. Wait a month and get 34um67 for 500EUR, you can preorder it already... or if its too expensive then the 29um67 for 300EUR at least...

2. buy a SINGLE 290

3. dont waste money for NO REASON, get a i5 4690 MAX (nothing higher does ANYTHING for games), and dont overclock, get the cheapest mobo from asus or gigabyte to hold your components together and the cheapest aftermarket cooler (intel coolers are beyond shit)

4. become addicted to huge 21:9 75hz FREESYNC IPS and lightyears better gaming experience than what quad titans can deliver on a 17" CRT

another guy whos building a sick config and wants a puny tiny barely-visible monitor...

why do you people do that!? dont you want to ENJOY your games? or you want to RUN them? see how powerful the gpu`s are? Are you building this system for yourself of for your gpu`s?

heres some free advice on how to actually enjoy games:

1. Wait a month and get 34um67 for 500EUR, you can preorder it already... or if its too expensive then the 29um67 for 300EUR at least...

2. buy a SINGLE 290

3. dont waste money for NO REASON, get a i5 4690 MAX (nothing higher does ANYTHING for games), and dont overclock, get the cheapest mobo from asus or gigabyte to hold your components together and the cheapest aftermarket cooler (intel coolers are beyond shit)

4. become addicted to huge 21:9 75hz FREESYNC IPS and lightyears better gaming experience than what quad titans can deliver on a 17" CRT

ty for the advice :)

yes this is for me and i wanna be able to play any game i dont care about 4k  or running my games with higer textures or reslotuions i just wanna play them like acu or farcry 4 ect also any new one that comes out like dying light ect thats why im getting 4790k got a little bit of "future proof" to it the  i5 4690k is more game now ish 

im not going to overclock it  at all unless i have to as for the cooling i will be getting a cheap aftermarket cooler at first but do wanna water cool it at some point as i want to water cool the gpus too i all rdy have the mb and some ram and a hd just have to buy the rest 

there is no way io could go to 500 euro tho way to much tho i think you right i do want to enjoy my games and play them often 

maybe i could go buy something like a 120/144mhz moniter at least will have to increse a buget for ait a bit tho about 300 euro sounds good i loke the sound of that 29um67 ill have to find some were that sells it tho 

ty man :)

ty for the advice :)

yes this is for me and i wanna be able to play any game i dont care about 4k  or running my games with higer textures or reslotuions i just wanna play them like acu or farcry 4 ect also any new one that comes out like dying light ect thats why im getting 4790k got a little bit of "future proof" to it the  i5 4690k is more game now ish 

im not going to overclock it  at all unless i have to as for the cooling i will be getting a cheap aftermarket cooler at first but do wanna water cool it at some point as i want to water cool the gpus too i all rdy have the mb and some ram and a hd just have to buy the rest 

there is no way io could go to 500 euro tho way to much tho i think you right i do want to enjoy my games and play them often 

maybe i could go buy something like a 120/144mhz moniter at least will have to increse a buget for ait a bit tho about 300 euro sounds good i loke the sound of that 29um67 ill have to find some were that sells it tho 

ty man :)

Both those LG monitors are out by the end of the month. Or at least should be. You can preorder the 500eur one in UK already.

You are free to waste money on the i7 cpu of course, but it wont do a single frame more than an i5. Hyperthreading is a feature that 1 in 20 games use, and the FPS gains from CPUS are usually seen below 1080p resolutions anyway.

Also, you want watercooling and wont overclock anyway? Wow...  dont get me wrong, overclocking is not worth it price/performance wise already, but this is wow. And you say monitor is too expensive for you...

Also, there is no futureproofing in internal PC components. Monitors, Mice, Sound systems - yes, not pc insides.

But ok, do what you gona just dont get a 60hz TN garbage monitor for a overkill rig... thats just shameful - skimping out on the part you will actually be looking at.

Both those LG monitors are out by the end of the month. Or at least should be. You can preorder the 500eur one in UK already.

You are free to waste money on the i7 cpu of course, but it wont do a single frame more than an i5. Hyperthreading is a feature that 1 in 20 games use, and the FPS gains from CPUS are usually seen below 1080p resolutions anyway.

Also, you want watercooling and wont overclock anyway? Wow...  dont get me wrong, overclocking is not worth it price/performance wise already, but this is wow. And you say monitor is too expensive for you...

Also, there is no futureproofing in internal PC components. Monitors, Mice, Sound systems - yes, not pc insides.

But ok, do what you gona just dont get a 60hz TN garbage monitor for a overkill rig... thats just shameful - skimping out on the part you will actually be looking at.

i  think you assuimg im buying all of this stuff new im not at all i couldnt afford it all new  most of everything im buying and all rdy have is used  mb was new but it was cheap and everything else i buy will also be likey used too cpu and watercooling inc 

ohh im am aware it wont do much more for games atm i still mite buy 4790k or a 4770k if there cheap as i wont be buying one for a while and this stuff goes down in price all the time plus games are getting more demaning all the time plus i do wanna be albe to use it as a gameing and streaming pc and maybe some light vid rendering

ohh your right overcloking is not worth it just shortens you life of you cpu ect im still not 100% sure i wanna water cool the gpus yes i would like to do it but its not something ive done b4 i may just buy a h1ooi ir something as there going cheap on ebay these days and maybe call it done not sure tho still thinking 

yeah i know about futureproofing no real such thing  just didnt have a better word lol 

im not goona get a  60hz TN garbage monitor  now def gonna buy  some hting like the lg  for sure  :)

btw  where can i pre order stuff like that i have no idea lol 

i  think you assuimg im buying all of this stuff new im not at all i couldnt afford it all new  most of everything im buying and all rdy have is used  mb was new but it was cheap and everything else i buy will also be likey used too cpu and watercooling inc 

ohh im am aware it wont do much more for games atm i still mite buy 4790k or a 4770k if there cheap as i wont be buying one for a while and this stuff goes down in price all the time plus games are getting more demaning all the time plus i do wanna be albe to use it as a gameing and streaming pc and maybe some light vid rendering

ohh your right overcloking is not worth it just shortens you life of you cpu ect im still not 100% sure i wanna water cool the gpus yes i would like to do it but its not something ive done b4 i may just buy a h1ooi ir something as there going cheap on ebay these days and maybe call it done not sure tho still thinking 

yeah i know about futureproofing no real such thing  just didnt have a better word lol 

im not goona get a  60hz TN garbage monitor  now def gonna buy  some hting like the lg  for sure   :)

btw  where can i pre order stuff like that i have no idea lol 

Ah, well, i obviously assumed you are getting it all new :)

You can preorder some of the new big monitors from overclockers.co.uk

but that store is pretty overpriced by default, i hear... better to just wait till there is proper stock available

get 970 and 4690k and gsync monitor imo

My Build: 4690k @ 4.7 GHz, ASUS Strix 970 @ 1316 MHz, H105, Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1600 MHz, H440, RM750

yeah im still making my mind up what to get grafix wise but def be either 2 780's in sli

or one  780ti or 970 or 980

as for cpu i will buy a i5 4690k i  think after what ppl have been saying  if i need a 4770k or 4790k i will either buy it when its needed or  if its cheap just buy right away really depends on the price at the time i go to buy them

but yes would love a g sync or at least a 120/144mhz moniter