Can I run three 1080 Gsync monitors at >60FPS with this card?

Corruption

Depends on the game.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Depends on the games you play. Sure you can with CS:GO or something but not with Dying Light

So I can't even run 60 fps on three 1080? Well what if I use only one 1080, only one 1440, or only one 4K, what type of frames would I get for those individually? And I thought dying light wasn't well optimized for PC?

Taking Falling to whole new Heights

No, its still not going to be enough. You might want to consider 2 970's for around that price or spend more to get 2 980's. I would recommend turning the settings down to medium or low before changing to non-native resultions. Its harder to tell the difference from med>high>ultra than from 1080p>1440p>4k because of the interpolation.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

You have too much money I see... It doesn't make sense... either get two 980's and play @Native resolution or get 1080 monitors.

See I'm not building this, my friend is on ibuypower and I have little authority over the parts since I hardly know anything of it.

So I can't even run 60 fps on three 1080? Well what if I use only one 1080, only one 1440, or only one 4K, what type of frames would I get for those individually? And I thought dying light wasn't well optimized for PC?

For single 1080p maybe 100ish, for 1440p 60ish, for 4k 30-45ish. For newer triple a titles. Your mileage may vary.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

No, its still not going to be enough. You might want to consider 2 970's for around that price or spend more to get 2 980's. I would recommend turning the settings down to medium or low before changing to non-native resultions. Its harder to tell the difference from med>high>ultra than from 1080p>1440p>4k because of the interpolation.

You have too much money I see... It doesn't make sense... either get two 980's and play @Native resolution or get 1080 monitors.

So what I'm getting is that if I want three screens for gaming, one card isn't enough, is this right? If so what will adding the same card to the setup change?

Here's how it performs in 2560x1440 and 4K resolutions. http://www.anandtech.com/show/8526/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-review/10

That was the point he stated about Dying Light. It's too demanding and poorly optimized.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

So what I'm getting is that if I want three screens for gaming, one card isn't enough, is this right? If so what will adding the same card to the setup change?

If you're talking about SLI, then your frame rates will likely increase. I can't tell you by how much because it depends on the game. It's almost never 100% and sometimes can actually have a negative impact on performance.

If you get 2 980's 3x1080p surround gaming is more feasible. Its slightly less taxing than 4k gaming. Performance will increase for games that support SLI. 

Here's how it performs in 2560x1440 and 4K resolutions. http://www.anandtech.com/show/8526/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-review/10

That was the point he stated about Dying Light. It's too demanding and poorly optimized.

The link is for metro last light. I think he was looking for dying light. 

If you're talking about SLI, then your frame rates will likely increase. I can't tell you by how much because it depends on the game. It's almost never 100% and sometimes can actually have a negative impact on performance.

I swear I can never win at these things, so what is the best graphics card on ibuypower? As my friend is building it from there with my money and these parts (no motherboard yet)

INTEL CORE I7-4790K 4.0 GHZ 8MB INTEL SMART CACHE LGA

-CORSAIR 512 GB FORCE LX SERIES SATA III SSD

-2TB SATA III 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB CACHE 3.5" HD

-GSKILL 16GB DDR3 1866 RIPJAWS-X MEMORY

-ENERMAX TB SILENCE UCTB14 140MM COOLING LOW NOISE PERFORMANCE FAN

-ASETEK 550LC 120MM WATERCOOLER

-CORSAIR AIR SERIES AF120 PERFORMANCE EDITION 120MM HIGH AIRFLOW FAN

-BLACK LG 24X DVDRW

-CORSAIR RM750 80PLUS 750W FULLY MODULAR POWER SUPPLY

-SUPERCLOCKED EVGA NVIDIA ACX GTX980 4GB

The link is for metro last light. I think he was looking for dying light. 

It's a review. It includes other titles as well - it was only at Metro Last Light because I stopped there. The OP was not necessarily looking for Dying Light. They simply asked if it was poorly optimized.

It's a review. It includes other titles as well - it was only at Metro Last Light because I stopped there. The OP was not necessarily looking for Dying Light. They simply asked if it was poorly optimized.

My bad. They just released a driver to improve performance, it should be marginally better now.

I swear I can never win at these things, so what is the best graphics card on ibuypower? As my friend is building it from there with my money and these parts (no motherboard yet)

If you're looking for the best, then get 2 of the superclocked 980's. If that's out of your budget, then 2 970's or get one 980 and another one later.

If you get 2 980's 3x1080p surround gaming is more feasible. Its slightly less taxing than 4k gaming. Performance will increase for games that support SLI.

So two super clocked 980s will run three 1080p's at high frame rates?

It will run them around 45-85 fps depending on the games you play and the settings they're at. 

Please don't get 3 Asus Rog Swifts for 1080p use. This hurts me. It only does 1080p at 60Hz.

Well it depends on the graphics setting but 2 980's should be fine.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

If you're really having so much trouble deciding what GPU(s) will suit your needs, then maybe you should wait until the new lines of GPUs from AMD and Nvidia come out to see what they offer.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

w... wh... why wo...

why would you get 3x ROG Swift monitors and run at 1080P with a single GPU (likely to only get 60 fps)... seriously save $2500 and just get 3x 1080P 60 FPS monitors, or hell even 3x 1080P 144Hz monitors would cost around $750 altogether

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

You do realise that running 1440p monitors at 1080p while gaming will actually make it look WORSE than a standard 1080p monitor yes? That is a huge waste of money. 

it all really depends on the games. some games like Dying light or shadow of mordor are really hard to run, where as other AAA titles are less demanding.

personally I'd get a couple of r9 290xs they'd handle it with ease... but obviously not on g sync which isn't worth it. I have it.. don't really see a benefit. free sync is free.. so no premium on monitors

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

it all really depends on the games. some games like Dying light or shadow of mordor are really hard to run, where as other AAA titles are less demanding.

personally I'd get a couple of r9 290xs they'd handle it with ease... but obviously not on g sync which isn't worth it. I have it.. don't really see a benefit. free sync is free.. so no premium on monitors

That's not necessarily correct. AMD's point about "FreeSync" is that it's royalty free. Companies can still charge premiums for the technology.

That's not necessarily correct. AMD's point about "FreeSync" is that it's royalty free. Companies can still charge premiums for the technology.

yeah I guess that's true. but in theory some monitors that have display port 1.2 and adaptive refresh rate should be able to support it as long as the firmware is there.

I have a monitor with both of those I bought recently and I don't feel there was a premium on the price. then again they may never update the firmware.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb