Is this a decent purchase for £30?

CookiezFort

I am going to buy some headphones + mic because currently i have to use some crappy earphones.

I am going to buy the Superlux HD 681 (non evo, semi-open i believe) and the zalman mic 1

Does anyone have experieneces for these products? Will they be decent for CSGO and listening to footsteps? Music wise I listen to 1990's Rock

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

the ZM is great i have one

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I don't know about the headphones, but i can tell you the zalman mic will get the job done :P its not the best sounding but, its very functional :)

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Use 668B and zalman mic and both are awesome for the price

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

Use 668B and zalman mic and both are awesome for the price

I dont have that much money to spend, it goes over budget and as a 15 year old that rarely gets pocket money spending most of my money is difficult. that is why i chose the HD 681 and not 668B

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

Both of them are really good choice. The only difference is 681 will have more bass. If you are going for a clean eq go for 668.

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

I also have the 668B and have heard it is vastly superior to the 681, but honestly, you cannot go wrong with either, especially for the price.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I've tried both the 668B and the 681, and I personally would go for the 668B because the high on the 681 is kinda ear-piercing. As for the bass, actually I felt that the 668B offered a bit more bass than the 681 especially when I applied the right eq. The zalman mic is decent, I have one and I use it daily for in-game voice chat.

"Yippie-ki-yay motherf**ker!"  ~John McClane