Xposed Framework teased for Android Lollipop

TopWargamer

Source: http://www.droid-life.com/2015/02/10/xposed-developer-nears-release-for-android-5-0/

A change log recently shown off has revealed the developer of the Xposed Framework is working on a build that is compatible with Android Lollipop, aka the ART runtime. The Xposed Framework kept me from upgrading to Lollipop for a while because it's hard to live without my mods. So whenever this is available, I'll be all the mods to my phone...again.

Screenshot_2015-02-10-09-40-22.jpg

COMIC SANS

Iv'e been using Lollipop on the M8 and absolutely hate it. Among many issues the Art run-time causes apps to crash.

really? I've been using ART on KitKat just fine and absolutely love it. Only one of my apps crashed an app and they resolved it much before Lollipop was released, when it was hinted as L.

(It's in developer options btw)

What does it even do though?

Let's you install certain apps/mods that require the Xposed Framework. The mods are super bueno. I primarily use it to save some battery life, although you can do a lot more with it than just that.

You can browse through the different modules here: http://repo.xposed.info/module-overview

COMIC SANS

Only reason I'm back on 4.4.4 is because of xposed not being on 5

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

Iv'e been using Lollipop on the M8 and absolutely hate it. Among many issues the Art run-time causes apps to crash.

It's been great for me, app are loading faster.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

yes finallyyyyyyyyyyy

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Isn't this a different thing than Xposed framework. I believe its Xposed style, but still has the same functionality.

What does it even do though?

Pretty much all the features you ever wanted but couldn't have, and then some. It's hard to remember everything I have now, but IIRC I have a mod that saves battery life, can adjust the brightness easier, shows me the CPU freq., how much data I am uploading/downloading, makes the notification bar blend in with lots of apps, allows me to adjust color schemes, lets the device be oriented every way, and I don't know if this is through Xposed but there are various camera improvements as well. Obviously some are more pracitcle than others, but you get my point. 

But basically Xposed is what allowed me to install and use all those features. 

Here is a list of common fallacies. Which ones have you used today?

Well 5.1 is coming soon and Android M by the end of this year.

My L is doing OK on Nexus 5, I have 20-35% battery left by the end of the day. I do hate the design but messing with custom ROMs is too much effort. I'll pass :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

It's been great for me, app are loading faster.

Arts okay , But IP v6 or something broke my home wifi from resolving dns or something.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

Can't wait. I want to start installing my modules.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

It doesn't make sense to me how this could really work well. Xposed worked by manipulating the Dalvik runtime, which worked because it used a JIT compiler and you could actually manipulate it with root access.

ART doesn't work like that. The app is compiled when installed, not while running, so these are basically their options:

1. Make modifications prior to installing the app, meaning you can't edit without completely reinstalling each app.
  2. Edit compiled code before it's run, which is an incredibly complex process which could break with any app update.
  3. Somehow switch back to Dalvik.

None of these options are pretty, and both 1 and 2 practically require complete rewrites of every module written for the old Xposed.

Either way, I don't see this going very far.