"master race"

megjake101

Whoa, whoa. You have BOTH and you're happily coexisting? 

WITCHCRAFT! 

/s

May GabeN have mercy on the hybrid's soul.

It's a joke, you don't have to take it seriously, it was made to make people have a good laugh, not to make PC gamers superior in any way.

In case you don't know, this is where it came from.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

yes, lets say you spend 400$ on a ps4 (its 450$ in canada) right away you need to spend 50$ for live, then you need a tv, that is far more expensive than a monitor( lets say $200 for the tv)

next you need a decent laptop, lets say arround 400$, cause that is decent

right there, you are at $1000, and you can build a killer rig for that money

*cracks nuckles*

disclaimer, yes I agree pcs are the way to go if you live in your moms basment(joking, if you play by yourself go pc, but if not...)

want to hear my case and story? 

buying a 1K laptop. most likely the xps 13. thats for school. so for gaming, most likely going to build that rig or get a xbone for college. heres where it gets fun. 

lets agree on a 450$ rig. most console killers are between 400-500, and 500$ is the budget sweetspot just for gaming. something that will match a consoles optimaztions right?

sweet. now that we agreed on 500 for a pc. Monitors and tvs are similarly priced. bet lets say most 1080P monitors are in the 150 range, some are more, some are less. for this xbox, I want a ballin tv. I know its overkill, but hey, we can do it. 700$ 4k vizio tv. look nice as hell, and can plug my laptop and stuff into it. 

right now we are at a 1 grand for the console set up, and 500 for the pc set up. wait, the pc still needs 150$ monitor. and lets say 50$ for a decent keyboard and mouse, or just a xbox controller to plug into it, just for all things equal. 

so 1 grand console, and 750$ computer. bet hey question. me and my buddy are rooming togeather. GAMES ARE SPLITSCREEN YO!

now the total cost for the console+4K tv is 500$ for me, versus 750. gets even more fun if we go 4 person. now each person is only 250$ in, versus 750. Each game? 15$ for a triple AAA game on the xbox. pc your going to have to buy 4 copies. 

so hell yeah the xbox is cheaper. plus you get a sexy 4K tv. I know consoles dont support 4k, but a 500$ pc wont either so i dont want to hear it. Thats just my use case though. But even just for 2 people, its wildly cheaper to go xbox. like 1/3rd of the cost. like something a college student can afford

*cracks nuckles*

disclaimer, yes I agree pcs are the way to go if you live in your moms basment(joking, if you play by yourself go pc, but if not...)

want to hear my case and story? 

buying a 1K laptop. most likely the xps 13. thats for school. so for gaming, most likely going to build that rig or get a xbone for college. heres where it gets fun. 

lets agree on a 450$ rig. most console killers are between 400-500, and 500$ is the budget sweetspot just for gaming. something that will match a consoles optimaztions right?

sweet. now that we agreed on 500 for a pc. Monitors and tvs are similarly priced. bet lets say most 1080P monitors are in the 150 range, some are more, some are less. for this xbox, I want a ballin tv. I know its overkill, but hey, we can do it. 700$ 4k vizio tv. look nice as hell, and can plug my laptop and stuff into it. 

right now we are at a 1 grand for the console set up, and 500 for the pc set up. wait, the pc still needs 150$ monitor. and lets say 50$ for a decent keyboard and mouse, or just a xbox controller to plug into it, just for all things equal. 

so 1 grand console, and 750$ computer. bet hey question. me and my buddy are rooming togeather. GAMES ARE SPLITSCREEN YO!

now the total cost for the console+4K tv is 500$ for me, versus 750. gets even more fun if we go 4 person. now each person is only 250$ in, versus 750. Each game? 15$ for a triple AAA game on the xbox. pc your going to have to buy 4 copies. 

so hell yeah the xbox is cheaper. plus you get a sexy 4K tv. I know consoles dont support 4k, but a 500$ pc wont either so i dont want to hear it. Thats just my use case though. But even just for 2 people, its wildly cheaper to go xbox. like 1/3rd of the cost. like something a college student can afford

*cracks knuckles*

No. You're wrong.

*cracks knuckles*

No. You're wrong.

how? pretty sure I kept the math simple.

gave a realistic and extreme but still possible examples. 

elaborate please. genuinely intrested

how? pretty sure I kept the math simple.

gave a realistic and extreme but still possible examples. 

elaborate please. genuinely intrested

The new consoles start at around $400. With a TV, it'll be a little over $500, then add the costs of games and the PS+/Xbox Live Gold for the first year, that'll make it close to $700, maybe over that if you want more games.

A decent entry level gaming PC in my opinion should be less than $1000. Here is something I put together just now: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Kloaked/saved/pRyZxrThe price is a little over $800 before rebates. This PC has an upgrade path to an i5/i7 and can power any GPU on the market with it's PSU in the future when upgrades are needed. I did not use shitty parts here, like some console killers; you get a 120GB SSD, 1TB of storage, decent performance for 1080p gaming in all games (medium to high settings for the most part), a 1080p IPS monitor, but I did not add a mouse and keyboard to that build since keyboard and mouse choices are subjective - I could have added a combo just to show my point I want to make, but nah. Lets just go with the typical price of the Cooler Master mouse and keyboard combo, which is about $30. So lets just call it $1,000 for the PC since we didn't factor in game costs yet. So far, this system is superior to a console, both in performance and being more modular with a better ugprade path than most console killer PC's.

PC so far: About $1,000

Console so far: About $700

There's games on Steam that are local Co-op enabled (multiple players at the same PC, given you are using controllers/gamepads): http://store.steampowered.com/search/?category2=24#sort_by=_ASC&category3=24&category2=24&page=1

So that solves the local multiplayer part and eliminates the need to buy separate copies for the most part depending on your game tastes. If not, then console may win in that department. Now to play multiplayer games on the same system, you'll need more controllers, so we're not going to factor that in since that would be the same price for both systems, more or less.

Then, when factoring in more games (if we factored in games on PC compared to console, we have more and better sales, thus saving PC gamers more money), factor in the $50/$60 per year to play online games and to use other services for about four years, then both systems come out to about even. If we were to use a $700 television like you said, the console setup would be more expensive; I used a 1080p television to be fair.

So as we see here, it's not about the system you play on, it's all about the games.

Nothing is fun until you play with your friends.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I agree. Gaming is gaming, and most people can't and/or won't buy a $1K+ machine, because that's what's considered a PC worth buying for gaming.

Some just want the simplicity of knowing all games will work, and there are no requirements or anything; they go console.

Others (me included) enjoy pushing the boundaries of gaming with better graphics and higher resolutions, or KB&M gaming.

i still think pc is the supperior platform, i just dont like the fighting anymore

Why does there have to be a superior platform? Why can't the platforms just be different and coexist?

The master race thing is not stupid. It is a joke. People on both sides of the pc and console who take it seriously are the ones who are stupid.

IT'S NOT STUPID, IT'S A JOKE DAMMIT!!!! YOU'RE TAKING THIS TOO SERIOUSLY!!!!!1!

It's a stupid joke. Can we leave it at that?

It's a joke, you don't have to take it seriously, it was made to make people have a good laugh, not to make PC gamers superior in any way.

I don't get why it's funny. I realize it's supposed to be a joke but it's never made me laugh or cry.

I just plain don't get it, and that's ok, because I understand that you guys think it's funny, however to outsiders it can seriously look like you're attempting to evoke Arianism. Stupid, I know.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The new consoles start at around $400. With a TV, it'll be a little over $500, then add the costs of games and the PS+/Xbox Live Gold for the first year, that'll make it close to $700, maybe over that if you want more games.

A decent entry level gaming PC in my opinion should be less than $1000. Here is something I put together just now: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Kloaked/saved/pRyZxrThe price is a little over $800 before rebates. This PC has an upgrade path to an i5/i7 and can power any GPU on the market with it's PSU in the future when upgrades are needed. I did not use shitty parts here, like some console killers; you get a 120GB SSD, 1TB of storage, decent performance for 1080p gaming in all games (medium to high settings for the most part), a 1080p IPS monitor, but I did not add a mouse and keyboard to that build since keyboard and mouse choices are subjective - I could have added a combo just to show my point I want to make, but nah. Lets just go with the typical price of the Cooler Master mouse and keyboard combo, which is about $30. So lets just call it $1,000 for the PC since we didn't factor in game costs yet. So far, this system is superior to a console, both in performance and being more modular with a better ugprade path than most console killer PC's.

PC so far: About $1,000

Console so far: About $700

There's games on Steam that are local Co-op enabled (multiple players at the same PC, given you are using controllers/gamepads): http://store.steampowered.com/search/?category2=24#sort_by=_ASC&category3=24&category2=24&page=1

So that solves the local multiplayer part and eliminates the need to buy separate copies for the most part depending on your game tastes. If not, then console may win in that department. Now to play multiplayer games on the same system, you'll need more controllers, so we're not going to factor that in since that would be the same price for both systems, more or less.

Then, when factoring in more games (if we factored in games on PC compared to console, we have more and better sales, thus saving PC gamers more money), factor in the $50/$60 per year to play online games and to use other services for about four years, then both systems come out to about even. If we were to use a $700 television like you said, the console setup would be more expensive; I used a 1080p television to be fair.

So as we see here, it's not about the system you play on, it's all about the games.

The one thing you missed is most triple AAA games are split screen on consoles but not PCs. While I agree mostly, people forget this. If me and my Buddy just want something like to play cod. Halo, or foriza (or PC eqvilents) buying 2 separate rigs is expensive. PC just simply does not have enough split screen games. Its a shame because PCs are the only thing that can really handle 4 player split screen. I would love my crossfire 7950 system to take a crack at running essentially 4 copies of the game.

The one thing you missed is most triple AAA games are split screen on consoles but not PCs. While I agree mostly, people forget this. If me and my Buddy just want something like to play cod. Halo, or foriza (or PC eqvilents) buying 2 separate rigs is expensive. PC just simply does not have enough split screen games. Its a shame because PCs are the only thing that can really handle 4 player split screen. I would love my crossfire 7950 system to take a crack at running essentially 4 copies of the game.

There's games on Steam that are local Co-op enabled (multiple players at the same PC, given you are using controllers/gamepads): http://store.steampowered.com/search/?category2=24#sort_by=_ASC&category3=24&category2=24&page=1

Whoops sorry its late here and on mobile. Hopefully we will see a PC multiplayer push with the whole win 10 xbox on PC thing

truth:

Console

Positives:

Simplicity (not 100% a positive because it's willful laziness and ignorance)

(not really a positive because it's artificial) exclusives (only exists because people buy them, if people stopped, the companies would be faced with the choice of going broke or stop restricting games to a platform in order to increase the sales of that platform)

Cons:

lower resolution

lower framerate

complete absence of options

costs more over time (pay to play online as well as paying for internet)

supports bad business practices

higher average game prices

lack of backwards compatibility

no mods

fewer games overall

statistically worse controls

shorter lifespan

Fewer non-gaming capabilities

PC

Positives:

options (out the ass)

higher resolution

higher framerate

better graphics

more games

3d surround gaming (triple monitors playing one game)

backwards compatibility out the ass

MMO's

upgradable 

longer lifespan

cheaper games (average price)

and the absolute biggest reason: MODS

better controls

infinitely more non-gaming capabilities

cons:

higher initial startup cost (dependent entirely upon you)

missing exclusives kept to console in order to give those consoles a reason to exist

more complex

some games that are exclusive because: console can't handle it, or not able to afford to produce a game for console because of licensing issues or consoles demanding exclusivity and developers unwilling to be douchebags

Arguments:

Console:

"I don't care/ I don't know how to put together and or set up a PC (willful ignorance and laziness)/ I want *insert artificial exclusive title* and don't care that I am supporting bad business practices/ PC gamers take themselves too seriously (inferiority complex/cognitive dissonance/confirmation bias)/ *insert invalid ad hominem attack in response to this post*"

PC:

"I am a discerning customer, I take the time to look at the capabilities of my system, I am willing to spend money on a system that is infinitely more capable, I am willing to take a day or two to learn how to set it up, I refuse to support walled gardens (only applies to Linux, and to a lesser degree, windows) with my hard earned money,"

I will read but likely not respond to quotes of this post.

And to put it better:

Edit:

Up in the air:

split screen gaming. I leave this up in the air because it is a debatable subject. While some enjoy splitscreen, some do not, for instance, anyone that plays a splitscreen first person shooter against me will likely have a less than enjoyable time because I am a bastard screen watcher. I will watch your section of the screen, see where you are, where you are going, and what you have, and demolish you. I have done this and come out on top in multiple halo, CoD, goldeneye, and battlefield matches in free for all against more than one other person. So I judge it to be a debatable topic, I like having a screen to myself, as I feel it is a bit more fair than split screen (I can't not see your section of the screen out of the corner of my eye)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I don't get why it's funny. I realize it's supposed to be a joke but it's never made me laugh or cry.

I just plain don't get it, and that's ok, because I understand that you guys think it's funny, however to outsiders it can seriously look like you're attempting to evoke Arianism. Stupid, I know.

The whole Glorious PC Master Race is as serious as "Half-Life 3 confirmed".

Some people don't find it funny, but it is if you don't take them too seriously, I do get a laugh sometimes.

If some people take the whole PCMR seriously they are idiots.

The whole Glorious PC Master Race is as serious as "Half-Life 3 confirmed".

Some people don't find it funny, but it is if you don't take them too seriously, I do get a laugh sometimes.

If some people take the whole PCMR seriously they are idiots.

The meme is intended as a joke yes, but that doesn't change the fact that PC is better on a scientific (factual) basis.

The meme is intended as a joke yes, but that doesn't change the fact that PC is better on a scientific (factual) basis.

But of course, objectively and scientifically speaking, PC is superior.

I just don't get what the joke is...what's the punchline?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

But of course, objectively and scientifically speaking, PC is superior.

Yeah. I just get a little miffed when people act like the PCmasterrace joke is meant to demean PC, when (in my opinion) It's meant to be hyperbole of how obviously better PC is.

There's no punchline, you can use that anywhere you want.

PC Master Race, CRT Master Race, Commodore 64 Master Race, Vectrex Master Race, IDE Master Race, USB 1.0 Master Race, Internet Explorer Master Race.

"X thing" Master Race.

As you can see is not a serious thing.

I don't get it either. I own a console and a pc. I have friends on both and no one ever talks about this master race thing.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

There's no punchline, you can use that anywhere you want.

PC Master Race, CRT Master Race, Commodore 64 Master Race, Vectrex Master Race, IDE Master Race, USB 1.0 Master Race, Internet Explorer Master Race.

"X thing" Master Race.

I just don't understand why it's funny. IDE Master Race? But IDEs are clearly better than text editors...

Kids these days!

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

There is no punchline. It's a meme. Just like "keep on diggin" and "half life 3 confirmed".

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

There is no punchline. It's a meme. Just like "keep on diggin" and "half life 3 confirmed".

I know it's a meme. I don't know. I've just never actually laughed at a meme. I guess they're sort of funny. They seem really overplayed most of the time to the point where I'd just rather not be seeing it. I find them to be annoying more than anything else. I guess if it makes you laugh then good for you.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Those offended by "master race" in the context of personal computers is being ridiculous.

1) Arianism is not Aryanism, nor are they related. Arianism is an almost extinct form of Christianity. Aryanism is a hogwash racial theory that was discredited even before it was popular.

2) PC master race is a tongue-in-cheek way to explain the PC elitists' superiority complex. Thankfully, though, anyone can be a member. All you have to do is buy a PC.

3) The people with the most justification to be offended are actual peasants. Peasants have the misfortune to be deemed analogous to console elitists.

4) Likewise, potatoes are the objects with the most justification to be offended. Unfortunately, inanimate objects cannot be offended. This is why we ought lobotomize those who are offended.