Dual Gang Pot for KN-928 Tube Amp

harmontt

Hello, Everyone!  I am working on an old Knight KN-928 Tube amp, but the sound is much louder out of one speaker on both stereo and mono.  The trick is that this happens at only some volumes, so I'm assuming that it's the dual gang volume pot.  It's pretty easy to access and swap out (with a little soldering), but I'm not sure what kind of pot to put in it.  I'm pretty new to amps, so any advice is helpful!

If you're not trying to keep it stock, you can pretty much just use any pot you want. They're not very complex components. Hardest part will be finding something that fits I think, with the right type of shaft for the volume knob.

Thanks! I'm going to figure out the size of the shaft and see if I can find one online.  I hooked up my multimeter and got a max resistance reading of about 120K Ohms, so I'm assuming I should order a 100K Pot?

you want a lograthmic potentiometer.

go with an alps rk271 if it will fit, cheap pots will be scratchy with every volume change.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac