[Build Log] My first build :3

Pesmerga

Finally I'm building a new rig, it's the frst time I build a pc, I've always bought prebuilt ones. This new computer will replace my old pentium 4 that died on december 2014

Here's the part list, I've yet to buy some parts and I'm waiting for some others to be delivered :)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€342.50 @ Amazon Italia) [Owned]
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (€28.70 @ Amazon Italia) [Owned]
Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (€143.54 @ Amazon Italia) [Owned]
Memory: Kingston Savage 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (€155.99 @ Eprice) [Owned]
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€124 @ Amazon Italia) [Owned]
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (€95.47 @ Amazon Italia) [Owned]
Case: Cooler master Silencio 452 (€65.99 @ Eprice) [Owned]
Fan: Enermax Magma 120mm (€52.24 @ Amazon Italia) [Owned]
Optical drive: LG GH24NSB0 (€15.70 @ Amazon Italia) [Owned]
Total: €971.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-10 18:14 CET+0100

I've edited a bit the pcpartpicker list 'cause it had some price errors or some items miss completely. I'm still waiting to buy some parts, the i7 is not yet available on Amazon Italy or it had a crazy price, so I'm waiting for it to drop down a few bucks. I already have the ssd but I mounted it on my sis's notebook so I'll need a new one., I'll add a hdd later 1/2 tb for more storage, I've a few external hdds so it's not a priority.

Whaaat? You lack a GPU! I know, just waiting for the new amd offer, once they are out I'll choose a gpu that fits my needs :)

Enjoy a  few pics, I hope I didn't screw up creating this thread  ^_^

Imgur gallery: http://imgur.com/a/WYxOK#0

Edit: Changed the picture hosting and added 2 pics since I've received the motherboard and the cooler, I'll take a couple more pics later
Edit2: added the optical drive to the list.
Edited by Pesmerga

Looks like it will be fast and quiet. Posts more pics when it is done!

I am addicted to building gaming PCs but I don't have a great reason to stop...yet...

I finally bought all the missing pieces, now I'll have to wait for delivery, estimated on the first days of March c:

I've added an optical drive, the price is really low and I still use to burn some cs from time to time to be used in my car :)

Next update: when things arrive.

Ps: I tried to use the genius link to give linus some support but I don't know if it worked :3

• 2 weeks later...

This morning all the parts finally arrived and I started building it, it's pretty much done I've still to install the OS and all the software and drivers, then I'll have to do stress tests, maybe I fucked up with the cooler I get around 40°C while sitting in the bios, I'll have to check.

I've grounded myself before starting to work on the build:

k1VM0yc.gif

Cable management was a pain, the Silencio has "zero" space behind the motherboard nothing did fit and I had to tie the cables as much as I could.

This is the finished build:

77wbW6G.jpg

While I was mounting the front fans I noticed there were no long screws so I removed 2 from the already mounted front fan and used them to secure the second fan, now I'll have to buy the missing ones, do I need those particular ones or I can find them in any bricolage shop?

sN6P4Ql.jpg

The gallery has been updated, I'm rearraging pics.

Edited by Pesmerga