Help what is this? (Movie Maker Issue)

Go to solution Solved by RedSphyxis,

download codecs here, it's CCCP it will pretty much install all necessary codecs this should fix your problem.

That's an odd issue I've never experienced before.

I'd recommend getting a newer version of the software.

download codecs here, it's CCCP it will pretty much install all necessary codecs this should fix your problem.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Quite. @LeaTheTechWoman it appears as if you are missing the video codec for whatever movie you're trying to import. Windows Movie Maker can't read the video file, and doesn't know what to do with it.

As @RedSphyxis says, you just need to download a codec pack, which will have all the common formats included.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

As @RedSphyxis says, you just need to download a codec pack, which will have all the common formats included.

yes, you just need a codec pack but getting CCCP along with it for media use, is sort of killing two birds with one stone

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]