Need suggestions on free and easy CMS

Hey there,

I'm going to develop adapt an integrated library system (those fancy web-based library management systems like the one used by your local university)...

My team already chose OpenBiblio as our basis for the thing... the problem is, we need a good looking UI for the users...

anybody know of a good CMS that can interface with MySQL properly and easily?

I already looked at WordPress and Joomla! and right now my sights are set for Joomla...

please and thanks.

-Hermit

Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal(Is that how you type that?)

Those are the ones I know. Wordpress was 'best' because it had bigger plugins support. Joomla was fine too and Drupal was.. Alright

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal(Is that how you type that?)

Those are the ones I know. Wordpress was 'best' because it had bigger plugins support. Joomla was fine too and Drupal was.. Alright

Drupal huh... will look into that once my net connection becomes less bothersome... (Joomla (9.4MB) is currently downloading with ETA of 20h)

Drupal huh... will look into that once my net connection becomes less bothersome... (Joomla (9.4MB) is currently downloading with ETA of 20h)

Wow.. 

As I said, I only used it a small bit last year so don;t know how good it is now :)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Drupal has a great community and has more customization features that go deeper compared to the others, Wordpress is the easiest of the bunch with great user-friendliness, and Joomla is sort of the All-rounder or the middle-ground between the two extremes. I personally use Drupal for their great community and the option to go deeper than ever.

for beginners I'd recommend wordpress the user-friendliness is top-notch and has thousands more free plug-ins than joomla.

edit:added more info

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

I'll check out Drupal once we have a temporary deployment...

the priority right now is to roll out something that's working with a good-looking front-end... We'll fine tune once that's done...

I have experience both in Joomla & Wordpress, they're both OK. Learning curve is higher with Wordpress though.

Go with wordpress, it's very easy, clean.

If u wanna face some backdoors and exploits, go with drupal. Check out this to learn more about popular cms vulnerabilities.

edit: I mean drupal, not joomla.