Anyone have a Droid Turbo?

Dubesta11

Just wondering if it's worth the upgrade from a Droid Maxx (I would give it to my father, who is in need of a new phone).

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if it's worth the upgrade from a Droid Maxx (I would give it to my father, who is in need of a new phone).

Specs look nice to me although a 1080p screen would give better battery life and performance, the resolution is retarded.

Not when you hold it. The 1440p screen is simply amazing. I've had the turbo since early December(now almost the end of February, basically march) and I love it. Once I got one that works at least. The original one I got was the last one in the store, that the sales rep simply pulled out of thin air(kind of no surprise it didn't work well). Just be warned, I haven't found anything about a lot of droid turbos with problems, but being a fairly new phone, there are bound to be a few. The battery life is not even close to 48 hours though. It could be if you have WiFi, data, GPS and everything off, and just use it as a cell phone for texts and calls, but that being said, I am a VERY heavy user and can still get a full day out of it (8 am to midnight). Having a larger battery as said in Linus video makes you have the possibility to have the screen brightness at whatever you want, do whatever you want, and know you will still have battery left at the end of the day. It is really snappy and quick as well. The snapdragon 805 does it's job really well, I've never experienced lag of any sort. Just one little thing is that there is a permanent "Google now" bar at the top of the stock launcher. You can get rid of it, but even doing that it still won't allow you to use that space for apps. I say it's only little because, this being android, you can use whatever launcher you choose. I use nova launcher and it keeps everything nice and tidy and gets rid of that annoying search bar. As for the physical of the phone, it is heavy. But this is a plus because it adds a little assurance that the phone won't bend in your pocket(wink wink nudge nudge) for a comparison it weighs about as much as a medium size stone. (stone may be an overstatement, lets say a smooth pebble). One thing I wish it had was the ability to multitask like the lg g3, but that feature is not a great loss in comparison to the rest of the phone. A very good buy if you can stand being locked to Verizon for the life of a contract.

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)

It would, pretty much jumping 2 generations of phones in display and processor.

720p>1440p, skipping 1080p era

Snapdragon S4 Pro > 805, skipping the 600 series era

And I think it's Linus's daily driver. 

Not when you hold it. The 1440p screen is simply amazing. I've had the turbo since early December(now almost the end of February, basically march) and I love it. Once I got one that works at least. The original one I got was the last one in the store, that the sales rep simply pulled out of thin air(kind of no surprise it didn't work well). Just be warned, I haven't found anything about a lot of droid turbos with problems, but being a fairly new phone, there are bound to be a few. The battery life is not even close to 48 hours though. It could be if you have WiFi, data, GPS and everything off, and just use it as a cell phone for texts and calls, but that being said, I am a VERY heavy user and can still get a full day out of it (8 am to midnight). Having a larger battery as said in Linus video makes you have the possibility to have the screen brightness at whatever you want, do whatever you want, and know you will still have battery left at the end of the day. It is really snappy and quick as well. The snapdragon 805 does it's job really well, I've never experienced lag of any sort. Just one little thing is that there is a permanent "Google now" bar at the top of the stock launcher. You can get rid of it, but even doing that it still won't allow you to use that space for apps. I say it's only little because, this being android, you can use whatever launcher you choose. I use nova launcher and it keeps everything nice and tidy and gets rid of that annoying search bar. As for the physical of the phone, it is heavy. But this is a plus because it adds a little assurance that the phone won't bend in your pocket(wink wink nudge nudge) for a comparison it weighs about as much as a medium size stone. (stone may be an overstatement, lets say a smooth pebble). One thing I wish it had was the ability to multitask like the lg g3, but that feature is not a great loss in comparison to the rest of the phone. A very good buy if you can stand being locked to Verizon for the life of a contract.

I decided to get it (and be locked in a contract, which is not a big deal). Amazing phone, defiantly worth the upgrade. IMO its the perfect size, possibly better with a smaller body or larger screen with the same/less weight. I use it with a case and its decent to type with, I also have the Nova launcher since it can support as many apps on one screen as I want, and even includes motos command widget thing.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H