My GPU is dead - What are my options?

Hi

I have an XFX Ghost Edition Dual Fan 7770 which is now not working. I had it overclocked using GPU Tweak, but I do not know whether this is what killed it. I switched on my PC one day and it was black screen. I know for a fact that it is definitely the GPU broken as I have Fixed my PC.

I was wondering whether there are common things that break in GPU's that can be fixed to make them work again, I am aware that this may sound stupid but the GPU cost £70, I don't want to give up on it.

Secondly, If there is nothing I can do to try and fix the card then what should I do with it? Can I sell it for parts or repair? Or should I just do a Logan and use it as a placemat for my drink?

EDIT// People don't seem to have realised - I now have a new GPU (R9 280X) and am not looking for a new GPU!

EDIT// £70 is a fair bit of money for me

Try baking it for the lulz, post results, and then go grab a 260x/270x or 750ti till you have more money. You could also just wait for more money to replace it with something better.

If i were you i wouldnt bother, like you said it was only 70.Just get a new one and everything at that point is better

Let's agree to disagree

broken gpus sell on eBay for fairly good money!!

you could always examin the gpu see if any capacitors have gone pop or fallen off, they're replaceable if you're handy with a soldering iron.

if you don't want to pay a lot you could pick up another 7700 for 50 odd quid on eBay

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

You can bake it if everything else fails. There are tut on webz.

Where? haha and how reliable is it?