Silicon Studios to show off new ‘Mizuchi’ game engine at GDC

Yeah. I would much prefer it if it used a cross-platform language though :/

C# will be cross platform eventually as the .NET core stack is now open source.

everyone would but windows is the largest base, sometimes sacrifices have to be made. we just have to hope for open gl

OpenGL will be brought down to a low level API soon as well. Kronus has already made the statement of OpenGL facing being left behind as Mantle and DirectX 12 pick up steam.

C# will be cross platform eventually as the .NET core stack is now open source.

I think they only open-sourced the network stuff and not the whole thing. I could be wrong though.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

I just want Euclideon to take off.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I think they only open-sourced the network stuff and not the whole thing. I could be wrong though.

The core stack was open sourced. Microsoft wanted to do away with Mono and bring native .NET support to Linux.

Problem is it will be a while before its fully supported and even longer before we see any software ported over from Windows.

The core stack was open sourced. Microsoft wanted to do away with Mono and bring native .NET support to Linux.

Problem is it will be a while before its fully supported and even longer before we see any software ported over from Windows.

Oh if it's the whole stack, then good, that's exciting! But yeah it is going to take a crapton of time to get proper .NET support on other platforms :/

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)