Best 700$ Moderate Gaming Laptop.

CurlyCucumber

Hey everyone,

This Christmas I build one heck of a gaming pc. But, although that thing is a monster, I'd like to have a fast, portable system for when I go places. It doesn't have to run everything on Ultra at 4k, but just enough to get the job done on medium or so.

Games I play:

TF2

CS:GO

Skyrim

BF4

Minecraft (Yes, I know.)

World of Tanks

And a lot of other miscellaneous games.

I was doing some research, and I can't really seem to find much that sticks out to me. Everything is usually out of my price range. Do any of you know any laptops that could fit my needs?

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

Maybe the lenovo y40 or the older version of the y40? (The one that was replaced by the y40)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Budget?

Lenovo laptops are good

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

If you can up your budget a bit, you can get this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232132&cm_re=gtx_850m-_-34-232-132-_-Product

I know nothing about it other than its the cheapest laptop that has a GTX 850m I can find, and it also has an i7 4710HQ which runs at 2.5 GHz, which is quite fast for a haswell laptop CPU.

The Lenovo y40 looks appealing. >_>

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

Maybe the lenovo y40 or the older version of the y40? (The one that was replaced by the y40)

Do you think the y40 could get the job done? I'm not familiar with mobile graphics.

Do you think the y40 could get the job done? I'm not familiar with mobile graphics.

Not sure, give me about 5 minutes and ill reply again with an actual answer.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Actually, Go for the Lenovo Y510p (GTX 755M SLI) if you can, but if you can't stretch your budget that extra bit then the y40 will do fine, though for more demanding games you will need to turn down the settings to get 40+ fps.

Actually, Go for the Lenovo Y510p (GTX 755M SLI) if you can, but if you can't stretch your budget that extra bit then the y40 will do fine, though for more demanding games you will need to turn down the settings to get 40+ fps.

It looks like it's sold out everywhere.. And the people who are selling it, it's ~1000$.

Any ideas?

It looks like it's sold out everywhere.. And the people who are selling it, it's ~1000$.

Any ideas?

Hmm, I'd suggest the y50, but the 1080p model has had reports of a yellowish screen coloring, and the 4k model is about 2x what you want to spend.

I'd guess just go for the y40.

I've got the same decision to make on a laptop for the future, and for pretty much the same games too.

Hmm, I'd suggest the y50, but the 1080p model has had reports of a yellowish screen coloring, and the 4k model is about 2x what you want to spend.

I'd guess just go for the y40.

--edit--

4K model of the y50 with i7 and 16gb of ram is only $1200 on newegg right now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834317540&cm_re=gaming_laptop-_-34-317-542-_-Product

Still quite a bit more than you wanted to spend.

Alright, sounds good. If you can find anything else, make sure you tell me!