The Most Radioactive place in the world ?

Just saw that Verisatium video a couple of days ago, and the last fact about smokers blew my mind lol.

Of all the things people use to protest against smoking, wouldn't the argument of radioactivity be the most effective? And yet I didn't know of this until I saw that video.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Wait, why is living near a coal powered power plant more "dangerous" than living near a nuclear powered one?

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

On earth? or at earth? I'd say the upper reaches of the atmosphere. certain parts of the north and south pole.

When I was at uni there was a saying. There's lies, damn lies and statistics. The answer you receive depends on the question asked.

There are places on earth that have more natural radiation than chernobyl did at 0 hour.

Stand out in the middle of the arctic for 5 minutes naked and I guarantee you'll have one hell of a suntan.

Some dumbass took one sample. extrapolated a result. ignored several other causes, effects, and hypothesis, published and was probably rejected immediately. Yet it's a scientific study which means we must believe it because.... FOR SCIENCE!!!!

edit: just remembered a study that was published while I was at uni that was sort of similar for it's science content. Turns out beer and ice cream are actually good for you because you have to expend more energy warming them up to body temperature than the kilojoules contained in them......Yeah....No.

Its not that simple as standing in the arctic naked and getting a suntan..

In in fact, you don't even need to go to arctic to get a suntan ... Just stand on the roof top of your house , completely naked in India and you will get a suntan , just as terrible as the arctic ... Or worse ! Because you won't sweat in arctic ... You will just bathe in your own sweat in India .

Not just any radiations are harmful !

Only IONIZING RADIATIONS are harmful .

And a Geiger counter can only measure ionizing radiation ...

( note that its not necessary for " only "ionizing radiation to be harmful.. Gamma radiations and cosmic radiations are more harmful but have low ionizing power )

Suntan is no way related to ionizing radiation ...

In fact I can just give you a pill that will make more melanin and create a suntan !

What I basically want to say is that you CANNOT measure the amount of radiation present by measuring how much your skin has tanned !!

You need to have a scientific unit to measure the ionizing radiation, and we already have that !! Its called seiverts !!

We don't want just anyone on the internet to make " the amount of suntan " as the unit of radiation..

Yes . there can be places on earth which receive a lot more radiation than normal... For example .. The magnetic north and south poles .. Some of the corona discharge of the sun , that interacts with the earths magnetic field ( magnetic field of earth protects us from charged particles that are emitted by the sun . without it , life is impossible ) reaches the earth's surface at the poles ...

So , there is a possibility that the amount of ionizing radiation received at the poles may be more than that which is received at the equator.

How to make your droids snappier:

The ultimate laptop buying guide :

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the beginning of what we call "rape."

What?

stop-smoking1.jpg

Hey guys, I know that, at the point where cigarette packs have graphic warnings that you're going to die on them, you must have both realized and accepted the risks of smoking... but you should stop smoking because I say so.

Also, if you're counting places as small as lungs, a nuclear reactor core would be the most radioactive place on earth.

Wait, why is living near a coal powered power plant more "dangerous" than living near a nuclear powered one?

Coal plants dump a lot of fine particulate into the air that gets into your lungs real easy

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers