Best Price/Performance Speakers for 50 and under?

SYPH

I'll be using the speakers for music production. In addition, I watch a lot of movies as well.

for serious music production, you'll need to spend significantly more. Are you looking for 2.1 systems or studio monitor-style?

for serious music production, you'll need to spend significantly more. Are you looking for 2.1 systems or studio monitor-style?

Its for fun. It  don't matter.

I'll be using the speakers for music production. In addition, I watch a lot of movies as well.

Save some money and buy some active studio monitors.  Anything in the sub $50 bracket is going to be junk.

I just ordered some Samson MediaOne 4a speakers for $75.  You will need to buy an RCA to *whatever* adapter, but overall, it shouldn't cost too much.  Don't skimp on your audio cables.  They make a big difference.  Here are the ones I bought to connect these speakers to my computer or AMP/DAC via Line Out/3.5mm.  At sub $50, you're basically looking at the Logitech Z313s, which I own, and they are pretty terrible.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Save some money and buy some active studio monitors.  Anything in the sub $50 bracket is going to be junk.

I just ordered some Samson MediaOne 4a speakers for $75.  You will need to buy an RCA to *whatever* adapter, but overall, it shouldn't cost too much.  Don't skimp on your audio cables.  They make a big difference.  Here are the ones I bought to connect these speakers to my computer or AMP/DAC via Line Out/3.5mm.  At sub $50, you're basically looking at the Logitech Z313s, which I own, and they are pretty terrible.

What do you recommend me order when i save up? I'm not in a hurry though because I own from Audio Technica's M50X, its just that my ear drums hurt. But I can wait 

What do you recommend me order when i save up? I'm not in a hurry though because I own from Audio Technica's M50X, its just that my ear drums hurt. But I can wait 

The Samson MediaOne 4a's if you want something powered and low hassle.  If you want to go custom, you could buy an amp, a subwoofer, some monitors, etc.. audio is a really really broad category and there is so much you can do.  It depends on budget, and what you are aiming to get out of your investment.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

wouldn't be looking for 2.1 for "serious" production...  :rolleyes:

The Samson MediaOne 4a's if you want something powered and low hassle.  If you want to go custom, you could buy an amp, a subwoofer, some monitors, etc.. audio is a really really broad category and there is so much you can do.  It depends on budget, and what you are aiming to get out of your investment.

Do they sound good, and have a good bass? I probably will add subwoofer later on.