Intel Core 2 Duo Bottle necking Gtx660 SC in SLI

So ever since I have put my 2nd Gtx 660 card into my Pc for SLI, in all of the games that I have played my Fps increase was little to nothing and seemed to be almost worse although the cards weren't running at full capacity because the games didn't need to much graphics power since I generally play games like Leauge Of Legends and minecraft at 1080p. At first I didn't know if the games supported SLI although after finding out they did in LoL and after I played Blacks Ops 2 to just make sure I still didn't see any difference in FPS at all and also going from the Lowest Settings to the Highest wouldn't do anything to the FPS rate as well which is why I am almost positive that my CPU is Bottle Necking my pc.

So question is am I correct on this and should I upgrade from Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 to Intel core i5 4690K

You could upgrade, though depending on your motherboard you can easily get your Core 2 Duo past 4GHz. I was running mine (E8500) at 4.1GHz, with 4.8GHz achievable, maybe even 4.9 (I was limited to 4.2GHz at the most by my coolers). Though looking at the games your generally play, why are you using SLI?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Lets just  say im an fps Manhore and with 1 Gtx 660 I could play games well like MC where i would get 400Fps+ but in LoL at max settings i couldn't get a stable Fps becuase it would drop from the 120+ Range to about 85 and although its over 60 it was studdery and I could feel it while playing that it just wasn't smooth.

Try to get a core 2 quad q6600 if your board supports it if not OC that e8500

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

If you update the bios of your motherboard to its latest (what model is it btw?), you should be able to, with a socket mod, install a Xeon X5450.
CPU and socket adapter separate:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-CPU-LGA-771-to-775-socket-Adapter-MOD-sticker-Xeon-Quad-to-Core2-upgrade-/151556156000?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2349736a60
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-shipping-Intel-Xeon-X5450-LGA-771-Socket-J-SLBBE-CPU-Processor-3-GHz-/281450676054?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4187c47f56
CPU and socket adapter pre-installed:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Xeon-X5450-3-GHz-Socket-771-Processor-With-771-To-775-Adapter-/151493145175?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2345b1f257

Socket mod:

The Xeon is a whole lot better than the Q6600 fyi, and depending on the cooling, it can overclock very well.

PMSL

My Boards a NVIDIA nforce 790i ultra model 132-CK-NF79

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188025

And Btw looking on how to Overclock this bitch right now Lol

I'm not sure as I've only ever had the 1 low end LGA775 motherboard, but that looks like it could handle a Xeon easily, and allow some high overclocks. @harrynowl knows a lot more about overclocking on LGA775 motherboards and socket modding then me.

Edit: His overclocking guide-

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/

PMSL

Alright well I think I just overclocked my CPU not completly sure but heres a picture of what its like now

http://gyazo.com/a26fcbbead2bde20bb933cf91c938c88

Although the core speed keeps going back and forward from 2669 to 4004 like each second and idk if thats whats supposed to happen or not although when that changes the Multiplier changes as well from x 9.0 to 6.0 and when i played LoL no changes in Fps whats so ever although im going to try it without sli and see if that does anything now.

Well Since I overclocked it I switched to 1 card and it did much better than 2 although after a while from being overclocked my computer started freezing and then it gave me Blue screen of death and powered off so looks like im not doing that again and am just gonna upgrade my cpu

Well Since I overclocked it I switched to 1 card and it did much better than 2 although after a while from being overclocked my computer started freezing and then it gave me Blue screen of death and powered off so looks like im not doing that again and am just gonna upgrade my cpu

Are you following the steps correctly? Because if an overclock is unstable, you lower it a bit.

PMSL

Well I don't really know why it was unstable because even at 4 GHz it was staying at the same temp around 50 even while stressing it.

Well I don't really know why it was unstable because even at 4 GHz it was staying at the same temp around 50 even while stressing it.

Try increasing the voltage, and if that doesn't work its quite possible you missed out on the silicon lottery. What is the highest stable overclock you get?

PMSL

Well So far a little bit over 4 although after a bit that failed on me and havent tried to over clock it since but this time ill increase the voltage and see what happens