BUILD OR BUY

Greg_titan

I was planning to build a new pc, but one friend told me that it would not be convinient doing that due to the warranty. He told me that when you buy a pc you are less likely to suffer a problem with the components. In addition, the parts building companies such as nvidia, amd and intel, provides to the assemblers like HP, etc. are better and more reliable than the ones they sell us. I was pretty convinced that building a pc will result on much better performance with an interesting saving in money, but he made me doubt. Does he make any sense, or that is just because he has been brainwashed by them (HP,...), to make him think that and do not take the risk??

Your friend is ignorant, building a PC is almost always the better option. You have better upgradability, optimization, etc.

Most parts have warranties so if they fail you can easily replace them one by one. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Build it, if you buy it from a store make them build it *no troubleshooting that you will have to do*, I recommend building it yourself but if you are to scared then let a shop build it for you, even if you buy parts from amazon shops will probably build it for you.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I was planning to build a new pc, but one friend told me that it would not be convinient doing that due to the warranty. He told me that when you buy a pc you are less likely to suffer a problem with the components. In addition, the parts building companies such as nvidia, amd and intel, provides to the assemblers like HP, etc. are better and more reliable than the ones they sell us. I was pretty convinced that building a pc will result on much better performance with an interesting saving in money, but he made me doubt. Does he make any sense, or that is just because he has been brainwashed by them (HP,...), to make him think that and do not take the risk??

Everything your friend said is wrong, seriously, every single point is incorrect

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

He is a brainwashed fool. Build. Never buy. There is little risk and much reward. Let your friend live a stagnant life in his room while you explore the crevices of the Andes mountains. 

By the way, give us a budget, a purpose, and a location and we can make you an ideal parts list.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

. In addition, the parts building companies such as nvidia, amd and intel, provides to the assemblers like HP, etc. are better and more reliable than the ones they sell us. 

Wrong.It works because they tested it for us rather than we tested it ourselves. Not because they gave them better products.

He is a brainwashed fool. Build. Never buy. There is little risk and much reward. Let your friend live a stagnant life in his room while you explore the crevices of the Andes mountains. 

By the way, give us a budget, a purpose, and a location and we can make you an ideal parts list.

^This.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Your friendly is spouting rubbish, first off it is satisfying to do, second off parts used by builders less likely to fail not a chance (that said you shouldn't get a part DOA on arrival in a pre built)

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

Build!!

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Your friend doesn't know what he's talking about ;)

When you build a pc, every part has its own individual warrant. That's a HUGE advantage, because if anything has a problem you can return that individual piece and still have everything else working while it's being repaired or substituted (if it's not a crucial part or you don't have a replacement ready). The warranties are usually longer than a prebuilt, too. Just to make an example, my power supply has a 5 year warranty

The parts used in prebuilts are usually of worse quality that what you'd get by building your own. This is because things like the motherboard and power supply don't look as well on a spec sheet as much as a fancier cpu, although it plays a major role in the longevity of a system. The cpus and gpus are identical to the ones you get when you build, there is literally no difference.

Tell us a budget, location and your use scenario and we'll come up with a solution that is miles better than any prebuilt for the same price ;)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Well, unless you're not sure on which parts should you choose buy one that already have all the components.

I recommend you to pick the parts that fit your needs if you really know a little more about them, and in case you're not totally confident in your build, write the specs here and we're going to help you out :)

Ok, thanks everyone. Then I will build it!

Dont get your hardware information from that guy because he is brainwashed to shit. Do your own research plus ask on forums much better overall awnsers as you create discussions and they lead to the overall best solution for your problem.