Do sound cards improve bass?

ShaneelForTheWin

M40X is a better value and sounds nearly the same.

Are the razer kraken forged edition aby good?

Good if you really hate your money. 

They are the same as the non-forged edition, but with a metal build instead of plastic. In a word, no.

I can get them for $200

Thats about $180 more then their worth. 

I can get them for $200

The consensus among audiophiles is that Razer audio products are not worth the money. But if they look shiny to you anyway then feel free to get whatever suits your needs.

If your budget is that high then you can also get something like this http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-G4ME-ONE-BLACK-Headset/dp/B00KK8ZLECfrom a company that makes high quality/reputable sound products (colors apparently make no difference so the cheaper one is fine). People say Sennheisers have more bass, so that might be up your alley.

Quality headphones tend to work well no matter what you use them for, but they specialize at a particular thing. Like me using the ATH-M40X studio headphones, it sounds very good overall no matter what I use them for. There is a difference when running Razer Surround Pro software (which was and is sometimes free) for games like DOTA 2 and first person shooters that really does make a difference. DOTA in particular surprised me because I didn't think MOBAs would benefit that much from them.

I can get them for $200

There are headphones/sets made by gaming company, and then there are ones made by real audio company. Gaming companies usually don't have their own manufacturing/assembly facilities, let alone R&D dept. Usually they sub-con the manufacturing/assembly to other companies (usually cheap generic China products), and rebrand them. 

I like to think of it as steaks from a fast food diner vs a real bistro. Sure they're both steaks, made from cow's meat, but they differ in taste. 

Do your ears a favor and get a decent headphone/set. 

Linus liked 'em. QED.

Damnit, you used an acronym knowing that it automatically wins an argument. G-G well played :angry:

Damnit, you used an acronym knowing that it automatically wins an argument. G-G well played :angry:

Yep, that's why my username is a acronym as well.