Been away from RTS for a while what should I get?

Emperor_Piehead

I'm making a gameplan for steam summer sales and I haven't really played any true RTS games in a longish time(C&C generals zero hour & stronghold crusader). I was wondering what to get/what is worth to get.

So my interests are right now of what seems to

-Wargame Airland Battle

-Total War rome 2

-Civ 5 + brave new world

-company of heroes 2

After seeing the 10v10 mode in wargame: airland battle it looks like a lot of fun. Are there any others that are good? out of these series I've only played civ 4 and some demos.

I own Civilization 5. It's fun, but the AI is illogical at times.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

CIV 5! Awesome game

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes

Shogun Total War, Rome Total War. ANY FUCKING TOTAL WAR GAME. C&C is coming out and hopefully it's good! Men of War is a PHENOMENAL WW2 RTS.

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I've played several total war demos and thought they were great, but only showed battles not everything else. I played the shit out of civ 4 actually I just have forgotten about since i've gotten to the point of hating that game, but I have like 25 hours in the civ 5 demo lol. Also is Victoria 2 any good?

I've played several total war demos and thought they were great, but only showed battles not everything else. I played the shit out of civ 4 actually I just have forgotten about since i've gotten to the point of hating that game, but I have like 25 hours in the civ 5 demo lol. Also is Victoria 2 any good?

Get Men of War

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I'm making a gameplan for steam summer sales and I haven't really played any true RTS games in a longish time(C&C generals zero hour & stronghold crusader). I was wondering what to get/what is worth to get.

So my interests are right now of what seems to

-Wargame Airland Battle

-Total War rome 2

-Civ 5 + brave new world

-company of heroes 2

After seeing the 10v10 mode in wargame: airland battle it looks like a lot of fun. Are there any others that are good? out of these series I've only played civ 4 and some demos.

I would reccommend shogun 2 if you dont already have it

OK.  :)  Added to steam wishlist for summer sales and downloading demo now.

The DEMO does not do the game any favors. I hope we can re-kindle the fire of that game.

I would reccommend shogun 2 if you dont already have it

I have no total war games, but Rome 2 looks sooo good.

The DEMO does not do the game any favors. I hope we can re-kindle the fire of that game.

Ok if its anything like blitzkrieg 2 I will love it. 

Total war is awesome. I want C of H 2 but can not afford it.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

Ok if its anything like blitzkrieg 2 I will love it. 

It's a very dynamic game. Your men can take cover in and on anything, tanks can be directly controlled (still top down) and you can destroy everything

It's a very dynamic game. Your men can take cover in and on anything, tanks can be directly controlled (still top down) and you can destroy everything

already getting me excited steam sales my wallet is ready to be emptied.

already getting me excited steam sales my wallet is ready to be emptied.

It's a very good game. Multiplayer on the regular is pretty much dead. I don't know about Men of War: Assault Squad though

It's a very good game. Multiplayer on the regular is pretty much dead. I don't know about Men of War: Assault Squad though

Just finished the demo I see what you meant about it not doing the game justice, but it gave me a good idea of the mechanics and they feel very good. The cover system is great.

Just finished the demo I see what you meant about it not doing the game justice, but it gave me a good idea of the mechanics and they feel very good. The cover system is great.

Yeah I think the fact that in that game everything is very "individual" makes a lot different. It's not in other RTS games where it's the unit that makes the difference it's the equipment. There is no base building. You select troops and they all have an inventory, they can swap weapons and pick dynamite, man a mortar and everything. It's very micro and less macro

Yeah I think the fact that in that game everything is very "individual" makes a lot different. It's not in other RTS games where it's the unit that makes the difference it's the equipment. There is no base building. You select troops and they all have an inventory, they can swap weapons and pick dynamite, man a mortar and everything. It's very micro and less macro

I really like either style of RTS i'm not really one style or the other only. 

I have no total war games, but Rome 2 looks sooo good.

i would really recommend getting shogun it will keep you entertained for ever and if you want someone to do co op campaign with you can just add my steam

i would really recommend getting shogun it will keep you entertained for ever and if you want someone to do co op campaign with you can just add my steam

Sounds great! :) We live closeish to so internet connection wouldn't be that bad.

Check my post here for a couple of strategy games! Not real time though! 

Sounds great! :) We live closeish to so internet connection wouldn't be that bad.

Nope and those poor clans wont know what hit em :)

Nope and those poor clans wont know what hit em :)

I meant that we live in the same state compared to like Texas to New York. I got a $20 steam gift card so now I'm at $70 so I will probably most of the games I will need for the rest year.