Linux OS complete review request!?

Hi linus i was wondering if you could make a full review on linux OS. Is it good for gaming,work,productivity,better in performance? Those are question that hunt me and im prety sure some other folks out there too.

The Gear: Intel Core i7-4770k,Nvidia GTX 460,120GB HyperX SSD, 8GB BallistiX RAM, MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate (Military Class) Motherboard.

Life Is Not A Game But Gaming Is My Life.

Hi linus i was wondering if you could make a full review on linux OS. Is it good for gaming,work,productivity,better in performance? Those are question that hunt me and im prety sure some other folks out there too.

Which flavor of Linux? And welcome to the forums! Also, tag @LinusTech or @Slick so that they might see it :D

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

posting in the general discussion is probably the slowest way to get their attention. tagging them as @dadasmithywinkle did is usually much more likely to get their attention

I personally like ubuntu, as it is very easy to get running on almost anything and it is my go-to OS for programming in C(which is the only programming language I am currently learning, but I'll be using it for others like C++ and java later)

@LinusTech top best flavor of linux?

The Gear: Intel Core i7-4770k,Nvidia GTX 460,120GB HyperX SSD, 8GB BallistiX RAM, MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate (Military Class) Motherboard.

Right sound like a fun project @ForsakenLive

Well atleast he can try just how he did with the Imac lol

No matter which flavor of Linux he tries, there will be people who won't be happy. He'd need to basically try them all, which frankly would be way too much time consuming. At best he might try Mint or Ubuntu.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Ehh if he is going to do it. It would make sense to do Ubuntu as it is the biggest and most well known. As well as being the most "complete" some people will see as bloated.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

@Linus do an iswiched to Linux Mint 17.1

Brony for LIFE!!!

/)^3^(\ RD FTW
Daily carry: HTC one M8, pebbe steel PBD, nexus 7 2013