ASUS PB287Q 4K Monitor Issue (30hz lock)

InfiniteRiotzz
Go to solution Solved by InfiniteRiotzz,

Have you tried looking in the monitor's internal settings? There may be a setting which controls the DisplayPort revision, set to v1.1 by default for compatibility reasons. Some monitors do this.

The issue is now fixed! All I had to do was go into the crappy monitor settings, and go to the system start up page and click "display-port stream", and then I clicked Display port stream and clicked "Display Port 1.2". Now the last thing I did was change 30 Hz to 60 Hz! Thank you all for helping! 

I bought a Asus PB287Q 4k Monitor in September and I only realised that it is locked at 30 Hz for me, and I am not able to change it in any settings what so ever! I am not able to return it, but if it is a graphics card problem, I might just buy a 980, or R9 290x.

NOTE: IT IS USING DISPLAY PORT!

BTW the computer has a R9 280 and a i5 4460. 

Probably the 280 

Try contacting ASUS first before you return/buy anything

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

EDIT:

Maybe the GPU?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I bought a Asus PB287Q 4k Monitor in September and I only realised that it is locked at 30 Hz for me, and I am not able to change it in any settings what so ever! I am not able to return it, but if it is a graphics card problem, I might just buy a 980, or R9 290x.

NOTE: IT IS USING DISPLAY PORT!

BTW the computer has a R9 280 and a i5 4460. 

are you using the latest drivers?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Have you tried looking in the monitor's internal settings? There may be a setting which controls the DisplayPort revision, set to v1.1 by default for compatibility reasons. Some monitors do this.

I will look into that now! I will come back with results.

The issue is now fixed! All I had to do was go into the crappy monitor settings, and go to the system start up page and click "display-port stream", and then I clicked Display port stream and clicked "Display Port 1.2". Now the last thing I did was change 30 Hz to 60 Hz! Thank you all for helping!