Should I get an H220?

Go to solution Solved by nelodiavolo,

It's not a windows booting problem, it's hardware booting problem and I'm guessing it's highly the PSU.

I think I'll just get the H220 but the price is quite high, also in other website like anandtech, H220 isn't the best... I'm trying to get a cooler that has good performance/price ratio in the $100 range

for that price range sounds like you need the h100i..

I have been bouncing back and forth between the H220 and H100i for weeks now...but today newegg has the H100i for $79.99 at checkout. Awesome deal IMO. Too great for me to pass up. 

In case you are interested. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181032

I got an i7 950@stock w/included heatsink, planning to OC it to 4.4GHz with the H220 but I'm not sure if it's a good choice for a high end price/performance ratio. Can anyone recommend a really good price/performance ratio AIO cooler just for the CPU, I'm ok with air cooler but I think they're not good performance/price ratio... I'm also looking for a new PSU, can anyone also recommend a really good PSU at around 700w? Currently got a 600w PSU and on the 24 pin, it turn from white to brown on the +4 on the 24 pin, my PC also restart couple time before entering windows and I'm assuming it's the PSU. I got $250 for a new cooler and PSU...

This will not fix your windows booting problem. Its due to something else.

In terms of the AIO unit the H220 is the best available at the moment so go for it.

For power supply recommendations go to the "Cases and PSUs" section of the forums although 600W should be enough for your system.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

It's not a windows booting problem, it's hardware booting problem and I'm guessing it's highly the PSU.

I think I'll just get the H220 but the price is quite high, also in other website like anandtech, H220 isn't the best... I'm trying to get a cooler that has good performance/price ratio in the $100 range

If you want price to performance look at air coolers like the NH-D14, they are at a really good price point for the kind of performance they deliver.

I have been bouncing back and forth between the H220 and H100i for weeks now...but today newegg has the H100i for $79.99 at checkout. Awesome deal IMO. Too great for me to pass up. 

In case you are interested. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181032

Asus Gryphon w/Thermal Armor / Intel i5 4670K / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB / Asus ROG Matrix 7970 Platinum / Samsung 830 / Seagate Barracuda

Corsair AX860 / Corsiar 350D / Corsair H100i / Windows 8 Pro

I bought mine under 30 days ago for $109..So price match..Woo hoo..Thank you.. :)

I have the h100i and have nothing but good things to say about it.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

I was waiting for the H220 to come back in stock but at that price, it's hard not to bite on the Corsair..

I have the h100i and have nothing but good things to say about it.

It's good except for the fact that the LEDs are really glitchy.

Mine aren't in the slightest plus with the corsair link program you can disable them. If your buying it for looks your buying it for the wrong reason.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

Never had a Glitch with mine either..You gotta remember how many they sell and how many people have issues with them..I bet its about a 3% rate of people with issues with them..

Mine aren't in the slightest plus with the corsair link program you can disable them. If your buying it for looks your buying it for the wrong reason.

That's the thing, I can't even disable them or change their color at the moment. When they were working, it was quite a nice cooler though.

That's the thing, I can't even disable them or change their color at the moment. When they were working, it was quite a nice cooler though.

Did you update your firmware?

Did you update your firmware?

Yes, multiple times and to multiple versions. It actually made the issue worse by updating it because now the colors won't even change. At least some of them worked previously.

I should probably make a new thread about this.

Doesn't seem like it.

You should have a look at this forum: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=155

And never buy a corsair product again, by your reasoning.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Yes, multiple times and to multiple versions. It actually made the issue worse by updating it because now the colors won't even change. At least some of them worked previously.

There is the problem everyone had..Everything worked fine but they updated firmware..It says right on the firmware download page on the corsair forums Do Not Update if Your H100i is working fine..

Don't ever buy a Nvidia card either...According to your logic right?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/29501-tin-foil-hat-discussion/

http://modcrash.com/nvidia-display-driver-damaging-gpus/#.Uclh5m00-Fg

http://www.trinituner.com/v3/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=509381

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/544882/geforce-drivers/official-nvidia-320-18-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-5-23-13-/62

How many you think they sold?Thats like saying the new Nvidia Drivers fried every single Nvidia card out there..

You should have a look at this forum: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=155

And never buy a corsair product again, by your reasoning.

I'm not saying that a ton of people are having this issue, but it seems like more than a measly 3%. Even if that wasn't the case, I said that it seemed like it. I don't hold a grudge against Corsair, I still like them as you can see by my choice of components.

There is the problem everyone had..Everything worked fine but they updated firmware..It says right on the firmware download page on the corsair forums Do Not Update if Your H100i is working fine..

I had problems even before they released that "patch", although they weren't quite as bad.

By the way, can anyone get a white LED color? Because mine always showed a light yellow whenever the values were set to 255-255-255. (or at least, when they could be changed).

I'm not saying that a ton of people are having this issue, but it seems like more than a measly 3%. Even if that wasn't the case, I said that it seemed like it. I don't hold a grudge against Corsair, I still like them as you can see by my choice of components.

I had problems even before they released that "patch", although they weren't quite as bad.

By the way, can anyone get a white LED color? Because mine always showed a light yellow whenever the values were set to 255-255-255. (or at least, when they could be changed).

Mine has more of a tiny blueish tint.. I had read other people's get pink tint..

Mine has more of a tiny blueish tint.. I had read other people's get pink tint..

So you've never seen it be a true white?

Try 229-204-255.

It should decrease the yellow.

If its too purple then try 240-220-255 and if that's too purple try 245-230-255

Try 229-204-255.

It should decrease the yellow.

If its too purple then try 240-220-255 and if that's too purple try 245-230-255

I will once the LEDs change when the values are modified. The first step is to make it react to any choice in color.

I'm going to start a new thread since this is getting off topic.