RM850/750 or AX750 PSU?

Alex7
Go to solution Solved by quan289,

If you want to put it into perspective, Corsair made the RM series to replaced the TX line in the mid-range segment, while the HX (despite it is only semi-modular), AX, and AXi still belong in the high-end segment. They offer better build quality, better electrical performance, and a longer warranty.

The RM series does put more focus on audible noise and would be quieter at mid to high loads.

RM is 80+Bronze.

The RM series is 80+ Gold like the original AX750.

Hi guys. I'm in a small dilemma. I must choose between these two PSUs. They are both around 100€. So I was just wondering is there any significant differences between them? And which one would you suggest? Thank you!

Don't know but jhonny guru recommends the AX750.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Both are recommended by Jonny Guru and it seems that AX is 80+ GOLD and RM is 80+Bronze.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

If you want to put it into perspective, Corsair made the RM series to replaced the TX line in the mid-range segment, while the HX (despite it is only semi-modular), AX, and AXi still belong in the high-end segment. They offer better build quality, better electrical performance, and a longer warranty.

The RM series does put more focus on audible noise and would be quieter at mid to high loads.

RM is 80+Bronze.

dafuq ??? I would have bet it's 80+Bronze.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

dafuq ??? I would have bet it's 80+Bronze.

I don't know where you got it is Bronze from, but here's a few verification, that it is indeed Gold :

Corsair: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/rm-series-rm850-80-plus-gold-certified-power-supply

"RM Series™ RM850 — 850 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Fully Modular PSU"

Jonnyguru: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=369

"Once again, I see a clean pass for 80 Plus Gold up there, so no problems for efficiency either."

Report from Ecova: http://www.plugloadsolutions.com/psu_reports/CORSAIR_RPS0020%20%28CP-9020056%29%20%28RM850%29_850W_ECOS%204103_Report.pdf

That's the result of the report when Ecova made the RM series Gold certified (they test PSUs at 115v, so at 20/50/100% load, it must be at least 87/90/87% efficient respectively).

Thank you for the answer. I think I'll go with the AX since I don't mind noise.