Is this good?

get at least an i3 or cheap i5 if using a decent GPU

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2x4GB sticks will be faster in dual channel with a single stick in single channel. (But understand that you can add another 8gb single to your original and get dual channel later on)

CPU can be upgraded to an i3/i5/i7 if you want.. down the track..thats good.

I'd start with an i3/i5, but understand why that can be a hard choice...

Seems pretty damn good...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Get a R9 280 if it is cheaper.

Get a better case and a better PSU.

Get an air cooler.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Drop the AIO and get an i5 + hyper212/DeepCool Lucifer V2... locked is fine unless you want overclocking...

wait, is your mobo from your old i5 (SLN) still working?

Edit: drop that case too... get a CDR-King gaming case and pair it with a proper PSU...

Edit2: look in other shops for cheaper parts...

FTR - Yes, a locked CPU is fine and dandy, their perfectly fast enough as is for 99% of situations (as long as it's not the bottom of the barrel choice of CPU)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Drop the AIO and get an i5 + hyper212/DeepCool Lucifer V2... locked is fine unless you want overclocking...

wait, is your mobo from your old i5 (SLN) still working?

Edit: drop that case too... get a CDR-King gaming case and pair it with a proper PSU...

Edit2: look in other shops for cheaper parts...

hahahahahah CDR King case pretty good deal bro!

Okay... this was rough. It's topping at 24.020, but here it is:

tlULkiY.png

Things to note:

1. I included a 1TB HD, that you didn't put in your build.
  2. There are 2x 4Gb Ram sticks.
  3. The mobo was updated to an h97. That was to ensure compatibility with Haswell Refresh. Now, if you have no fear of doing mobo bios flashing, you could get an H81 mobo and save some money. Another option would be to downgrade the CPU to the i3 3240 and the mobo to a lga 1155.
  4. I didn't include a chassis. I forgot. But anyway, that chassis + psu combo you mentioned.... well, don't get it. You'll have to throw the PSU away, if you don't want to risk your hardware.
  5. For the GPU choice, I was torn with Sapphire r7 260x or nvidia 750ti. Both are equally strong, equally priced cards, so it comes down to preference.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Okay... this was rough. It's topping at 24.020, but here it is:

tlULkiY.png

Things to note:

1. I included a 1TB HD, that you didn't put in your build.
  2. There are 2x 4Gb Ram sticks.
  3. The mobo was updated to an h97. That was to ensure compatibility with Haswell Refresh. Now, if you have no fear of doing mobo bios flashing, you could get an H81 mobo and save some money. Another option would be to downgrade the CPU to the i3 3240 and the mobo to a lga 1155.
  4. I didn't include a chassis. I forgot. But anyway, that chassis + psu combo you mentioned.... well, don't get it. You'll have to throw the PSU away, if you don't want to risk your hardware.
  5. For the GPU choice, I was torn with Sapphire r7 260x or nvidia 750ti. Both are equally strong, equally priced cards, so it comes down to prefer

Thanks for your amazing build il get this on march