ati radeon hd 4200 overclocking

Go to solution Solved by SkilledRebuilds,

i'm wondering if i can overclock my gpu and if the is a performance boost at all and if i do will it run itself into the ground? i'm running a foxconn model 2AB1 motherboard and my cpu is a AMD Athlon ii X4 645 and i have 6GBytes DDR3 ram and a 250watt power supply stock cooling. 

Don't bother.. PSU limits you anyway, and may take other parts with it if it dies... <--This can happen, Moreso on Lower Power Units!!!!

Best to get a better system to start with... seriously.. DON'T BOTHER, you'll gain fuck all, and run the risk of failures with that PSU.

Not being mean, just realistic!

Even if you had a more capable power delivery system, and had a GREAT overclock......the gains won't be anything but 1-2fps on that card anyway....

i'm wondering if i can overclock my gpu and if the is a performance boost at all and if i do will it run itself into the ground? i'm running a foxconn model 2AB1 motherboard and my cpu is a AMD Athlon ii X4 645 and i have 6GBytes DDR3 ram and a 250watt power supply stock cooling. 

Don't bother.. PSU limits you anyway, and may take other parts with it if it dies... <--This can happen, Moreso on Lower Power Units!!!!

Best to get a better system to start with... seriously.. DON'T BOTHER, you'll gain fuck all, and run the risk of failures with that PSU.

Even if you had a more capable power delivery system, and had a GREAT overclock......the gains won't be anything but 1-2fps on that card anyway....

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

thanks im looking into options.