Quite random... Drawings of a DDR3 socket?

xXDeltaXx

So, I've been looking around on the interwebs for a through hole DDR3 socket (full size, not SO-DIMM) drawing or two to make a CAD model from... not having much success. So, I thought that I'd ask here - on the off chance that someone has found something on their random travels around the internet.

I have found some (Molex's website for example), but the problem I am having is that they don't show detail... (I've attached a PDF from a TE version)

If available, I'm looking for detail on the pins, the body cavity (where the pins go, how they route through etc.). I guess it may be super secretive Intellectual Property of the companies... but they are just DDR3 sockets - a common standard type of thing, so I'd have though that they exist; and you can get them for PCIe slots, hence hoping that they exist for the DDR3 sockets. I have seen some 3D CAD models out there, but the ones I've looked at are all just basic to the same type of drawings I've found.

I've got two to measure from, but they are attached to a new Impact VII which I don't want to damage, so it's guesswork for the PCB side at the moment...

Cheers

So far:

v3DFol.jpg

ENG_CD_2013266_F.pdf

ENG_CD_2013266_F.pdf

Apple, Piss Off! ~ Linus 2014

No, you're not hallucinating, or maybe you are... either way, I'm back. ~ Linus 2015

So, I've been looking around on the interwebs for a through hole DDR3 socket (full size, not SO-DIMM) drawing or two to make a CAD model from... not having much success. So, I thought that I'd ask here - on the off chance that someone has found something on their random travels around the internet.

I have found some (Molex's website for example), but the problem I am having is that they don't show detail... (I've attached a PDF from a TE version)

If available, I'm looking for detail on the pins, the body cavity (where the pins go, how they route through etc.). I guess it may be super secretive Intellectual Property of the companies... but they are just DDR3 sockets - a common standard type of thing, so I'd have though that they exist; and you can get them for PCIe slots, hence hoping that they exist for the DDR3 sockets. I have seen some 3D CAD models out there, but the ones I've looked at are all just basic to the same type of drawings I've found.

I've got two to measure from, but they are attached to a new Impact VII which I don't want to damage, so it's guesswork for the PCB side at the moment...

Cheers

So far:

-PIC-

Not sure if it's very useful to you but you can buy a slot and go from there to visually get an idea of how the pins insert into the slot and their design. Just wondering what are you planning to do with a dim slot?

http://www.amazon.com/DDR3-Inline-Memory-Modules-Socket/dp/B00K86SLP2

Not sure if it's very useful to you but you can buy a slot and go from there to visually get an idea of how the pins insert into the slot and their design. Just wondering what are you planning to do with a dim slot?

Yeah, I'm curious as well. Please do enlighten us.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Interesting idea... wish I'd thought of that. Got one on it's way now.

Yeah, I'm curious as well. Please do enlighten us.

The plan is to replicate the motherboard I am going to be using for my new CAD rig... Model the majority of the complex parts before it gets built; as I'll never get the chance again (because I'll be using them). Then I'll be able to disassemble this old gaming rig and give it the clean and few tweaks that it needs :D

bFJMK1.jpg

gnSGAK.jpg

No, you're not hallucinating, or maybe you are... either way, I'm back. ~ Linus 2015

Interesting idea... wish I'd thought of that. Got one on it's way now.

The plan is to replicate the motherboard I am going to be using for my new CAD rig... Model the majority of the complex parts before it gets built; as I'll never get the chance again (because I'll be using them). Then I'll be able to disassemble this old gaming rig and give it the clean and few tweaks that it needs :D

PIC-

I think that looks pretty good already!  ;)

• 1 month later...

... and finally, something that looks accurate emerges...

czCWw3.jpg