desperate need of some help

so i just bought a new wd red 6tb hdd, and im in the the middle of transfering all my files onto the new hdd. but when it reaches to some files that are corrupt it stops transfering my file and it wont allow me access to the hdd at all. this has happened to me before (yesterday on the same drive) and i lost everything. how do i fix this so i dont loose any more of my data

i also tried running checkdisk through command prompt but it says my hdd is raw and checkdisk dosnt support it. what do i do im lost.

Don't copy corrupt files?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Don't copy corrupt files?

i didnt know they were corrutp in the first place idiot, thanks for not helping

i didnt know they were corrutp in the first place idiot, thanks for not helping

He's trying to help, please don't be rude when someone on the forum is actually trying to help you. He's saying you should('ve) checked all of the files to see if they were corrupt before you actually copied them.

He's trying to help, please don't be rude when someone on the forum is actually trying to help you. He's saying you should('ve) checked all of the files to see if they were corrupt before you actually copied them.

are you retarted how is that helpin me out right now. at this moment i have a hdd full of files that i could loose and all he had to say was dont copy corrupt files

are you retarted how is that helpin me out right now. at this moment i have a hdd full of files that i could loose and all he had to say was dont copy corrupt files

Stop using linustechtips if you're just going to be an ass. We don't care how you do it, but the only thing you can really do is check and see if any files are corrupted.

Stop using linustechtips if you're just going to be an ass. We don't care how you do it, but the only thing you can really do is check and see if any files are corrupted.

im not being an ass. being a smart ass when someone is looking for help is being an ass, and the arguing about it is being an ass. if you dont know the solution to the problem then simply dont post an answer

im not being an ass. being a smart ass when someone is looking for help is being an ass, and the arguing about it is being an ass. if you dont know the solution to the problem then simply dont post an answer

We do know the answer, and that's why we're trying to help you. You're taking this way out of hand though and putting the blame on others. All you can really do is check to see if files are corrupt, but above that there's not much any of us can do. Please stop being rude, and accept the help or don't ask for it at all if you're just going to be an ass to someone offering you a helping hand.

We do know the answer, and that's why we're trying to help you. You're taking this way out of hand though and putting the blame on others. All you can really do is check to see if files are corrupt, but above that there's not much any of us can do. Please stop being rude, and accept the help or don't ask for it at all if you're just going to be an ass to someone offering you a helping hand.

A new member with 7 posts being rude to someone with almost 12k posts? Tell me what's new.

This forum has really turned to shit.

A new member with 7 posts being rude to someone with almost 12k posts? Tell me what's new.

This forum has really turned to shit.

I've still seen plenty of good active users that do try and help, and I'm trying to get into it myself since I have been helped quite a bit by people on this forum, but when people turn around and spew anger at you when you're trying to help it's just really upsetting. 

I've still seen plenty of good active users that do try and help, and I'm trying to get into it myself since I have been helped quite a bit by people on this forum, but when people turn around and spew anger at you when you're trying to help it's just really upsetting. 

Agreed. It used to be really good but now it's just a lot of rude people and with all the senior members leaving there's little hope.

Agreed. It used to be really good but now it's just a lot of rude people and with all the senior members leaving there's little hope.

True.

I believe copying corrupt files is the source of the problem. You clearly knew the files were corrupt the second time around.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Can I kindly ask everyone to just ignore the "rudeness"

He/She is in need of help. Provide some help or don't comment.

Frankly, I dunno what to do.

if you didnt know the answer then just say so in the first place. when he answered my question by pointing out the bleeding obvious to me he was being sacastic, plain and simple, being sacastic is not helping no one. then on top of it you want to complain about being rude. put youself in my shows i have a verying big problem and some one answers my question by pointing out the obvious and not really giving me any real help.

Can I kindly ask everyone to just ignore the "rudeness"

He/She is in need of help. Provide some help or don't comment.

Frankly, I dunno what to do.

i know it might have come off as rude but no answered my question on how i would be able to get get my data back. all they seem to be focusing on is the fact that the data was corrupt. thats not helping me on getting or accesing my hdd so i could get to my data. you were the only person with an upfront answer, and even though you could not help me out i thank you for not pointing out the obvious, and for actually giving a real answer.

i know it might have come off as rude but no answered my question on how i would be able to get get my data back. all they seem to be focusing on is the fact that the data was corrupt. thats not helping me on getting or accesing my hdd so i could get to my data. you were the only person with an upfront answer, and even though you could not help me out i thank you for not pointing out the obvious, and for actually giving a real answer.

You gave us hardly any information, you said that you had attempted transferring twice, which allowed us to assume that you still had access to it. If you don't have access to then it's a whole different issue, but we had to go off of what you gave us, and unless we know the whole dilemma we can't fully help.

You gave us hardly any information, you said that you had attempted transferring twice, which allowed us to assume that you still had access to it. If you don't have access to then it's a whole different issue, but we had to go off of what you gave us, and unless we know the whole dilemma we can't fully help.

im trying to transfer file from my old hdd onto my new hdd. yesterday when it encountered corrupt files i stopped the transfer and when i did i was not able to go in and open up the new hdd cause it said that whole drive is corrutped. i ended up losing all thoughs files, now the same thing has happend again with the secound set of file and im trying to find a way to salavge my data. so i could return the drive. my main concern is getiing my data off the disk

so i just bought a new wd red 6tb hdd, and im in the the middle of transfering all my files onto the new hdd. but when it reaches to some files that are corrupt it stops transfering my file and it wont allow me access to the hdd at all. this has happened to me before (yesterday on the same drive) and i lost everything. how do i fix this so i dont loose any more of my data

i also tried running checkdisk through command prompt but it says my hdd is raw and checkdisk dosnt support it. what do i do im lost.

Linux Live Disk (Ubuntu or whatever fits you)

Terminal:

sudo fdisk -l (this will list your HDDs)

wait for the result.

/dev/sda should be your first HDD /dev/sdb should be your second HDD if you only have two HDDs in your system.

Then:

# dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb (this will clone the complete drive)

Wait til it's done.

--

sda = source hdd

sdb = destination hdd

“For if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well.” 
― Barack Obama

Tech:

Daily Driver: MacBook Pro 15" TB (mid-2018), Intel Core i7-8850H, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz, 512 GB SSD, AMD Radeon Pro 560XWeight lifting: Dell Alienware 15 R4, Intel Core i7-8750H, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz SK Hynix, Nvidia GTX 1070 on 15" 1080p TN Gsync 120Hz, Intel Pro 7600p PCIe NVMe 256 GB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 15" 1920x1080 TN Gsync 120Hz, Windows 10 Pro, Fedora 30, K.L, P.OS. The Home Panel: Samsung C34H892, 34" Ultra Wide 3440x1440p, VA, 60Hz.

Tumblr - Riot-Company, CA