Dying Light unplayble on FX 6300

dandrix

First of all i undertsand AMD has much worse single core performance compared to Intel and Dying Light seems to be single threaded game, but this is really first time i cant play a game on it, i have tried every setting down to minimum, i even turned the resolution down to 720p, but still game is stuttering like hell, freezing at quick time events and zombie attacks, theres sound glitching in and out. Anyone else experiencing this on AMD CPU ? I have GTX 770 and 8 GB of RAM at 1600 MHz for rest of my system. Im kinda Battlefield player and BF3 and 4 have been running very well on my rig so far which looks much better than Dying Light imo.

Have you tried it with the latests patch today? IT seems to have better balanced CPU usage.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

"Why by an FX CPU to play 4/5 games when you can play 5/5 games with an i3/i5" - Faceman

"Nobody wants to play crappy unoptimized games, FX users are better than that" - WaitForMeImOnDialUp

Sgloux was having issues at 4k with his 8350 and CPU doesn't matter much at 4k, if that tells you anything.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

"Why by an FX CPU to play 4/5 games when you can play 5/5 games with an i3/i5" - Faceman

"Nobody wants to play crappy unoptimized games, FX users are better than that" - WaitForMeImOnDialUp

Sgloux was having issues at 4k with his 8350 and CPU doesn't matter much at 4k, if that tells you anything.

Fanboy inputs always welcome. Still not an excuse to make games so shitty optimised, guy in other posts showed benchmark where i3 beats 3970X in Dying Light, such good performance huh

Have you tried it with the latests patch today? IT seems to have better balanced CPU usage.

Not yet, will wait a bit to see if its worth it, might return the game, or sell it at worst.

Fanboy inputs always welcome. Still not an excuse to make games so shitty optimised, guy in other posts showed benchmark where i3 beats 3970X in Dying Light, such good performance huh

How were my inputs fanboy? :S

Just stating the truth that YOU agree with. Yea it sucks that games are shitty optimized, but that's just the way it is. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I agree it's pretty unforgiveable that the developer is so damn lazy. But this is kinda the reason why "fanboys" always tell you to get that i3/i5 instead.

Basically, just don't buy their game and don't support their lazyness. You're not missing out on much tbh. It's dead island + mirror's edge.

I suggest you fire up mirror's edge and have a better time with a better game.

I have some of those problems at maximum settings even with my 4690k (stock clocks) 16gb of ram, and my strix 970.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm using an FX 6300, and while I will agree that the average 25-30fps is unacceptable performance, I wouldn't go as far as to call it "unplayable". All things considered, the game is a very smooth 25fps... which will sound completely crazy to a lot of people, but I personally think stuttering is far worse than a low framerate. Anyone who has played the Stalker series would probably agree. :P

Unfortunately, today's update did absolutely nothing for us AMD users. The light at the end of the tunnel is that they have acknowledged that performance is not satisfactory on AMD processors, and mentioned in the patch notes that they're working on fixing it in another patch.

I just hope that patch is sooner rather than later. I need to finish my playthrough of the game so that I can get a review of it up, and I'd at least like to be able to enjoy the later parts of it a little more without getting a headache after playing for more than a couple of hours.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

I'm using an FX 6300, and while I will agree that the average 25-30fps is unacceptable performance, I wouldn't go as far as to call it "unplayable". All things considered, the game is a very smooth 25fps... which will sound completely crazy to a lot of people, but I personally think stuttering is far worse than a low framerate. Anyone who has played the Stalker series would probably agree. :P

Unfortunately, today's update did absolutely nothing for us AMD users. The light at the end of the tunnel is that they have acknowledged that performance is not satisfactory on AMD processors, and mentioned in the patch notes that they're working on fixing it in another patch.

I just hope that patch is sooner rather than later. I need to finish my playthrough of the game so that I can get a review of it up, and I'd at least like to be able to enjoy the later parts of it a little more without getting a headache after playing for more than a couple of hours.

I wish i could get atleast solid 20 for the time being, but stuttering and freezing is killing it for me.

Game ran fine on my 4760K + 770 with everything maxed except for view distance which was lowest.