Corsair Veneance Pro 2400

Corsair Force GS 240gb

Corsair RM650

Corsair H100i

NZXT S430

Asus wireless card

Phillips 27" 1080p screen

Logitech G27

This all is costing me quite a bit here in SA, so wanted to know what you guys think of a decent gaming machine and racing Sims. Will also do light video editing like twice a year.

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Are you playing your racing sim with mutli monitors ?

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Sounds pretty good.

And you should have the wattage/board to SLI 970s down the line.

Sig under construction.

Pretty good, high specs and well rounded up. Not even gonna bother to ask for a partpicker link, thats how pleased i am with that build.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

I had an RM650 paired with the MSI GTX 970 for a bit and was getting terrible coil noise from the psu and a little from the 970. Loud, low to medium pitched buzz in games. Same psu was silent when I swapped an MSI GTX 650 and 760 back into the system. I recently replaced the RM650 with an AX860 and both the GTX 970 and psu are now silent. I've read some mixed opinions on the AX series power supplies but it fixed my problems and is working fine for me. This is just my personal experience though, yours and others might be different. The AX series is also more expensive but it would match the red and black thing you have going on.

I had an RM650 paired with the MSI GTX 970 for a bit and was getting terrible coil noise from the psu and a little from the 970. Loud, low to medium pitched buzz in games. Same psu was silent when I swapped an MSI GTX 650 and 760 back into the system. I recently replaced the RM650 with an AX860 and both the GTX 970 and psu are now silent. I've read some mixed opinions on the AX series power supplies but it fixed my problems and is working fine for me. This is just my personal experience though, yours and others might be different. The AX series is also more expensive but it would match the red and black thing you have going on.

Or just not get a corsair but a Superflower, Seasonic, EVGA, Antec which are cheaper and still as good as some of the overpriced corsair ones. Just saying don't need a platinum PSU to run SLI 970's smoothly.

I might consider changing for a different corsair PSU, or even a antec as the S340 does have a psu cover 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

You'll get fluid gaming performance at 1080p also if you have 1440p monitor you'll get decent performance.

Why Corsair GS SSD?

Why 2400MHz RAM? Why not 1600MHz RAM?

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.