OC's to an 860k

Just curious, for those of you who have/had an athlon 860k, what were you able to get it to over clock to with or without after market cooling? what were the voltages and such? I'm trying to Overclock mine and I need to see what people got it to so I can start somewhere beneath there and see if i can get it to that level

Well I owned a 760k and damn that cooler was loud and hot at stock speeds.

PCPartPicker have a few 860K builds

they are reporting OC up to 4.5GHz with aftermarket cooler

will not suggest OC with stock cooler

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

IIRC, typical overclocks are around 4.3GHz. The Athlons need quite a voltage bump to reach higher clocks, so it's not gonna be on the stock cooler

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

When I had my 860K, I overclocked to 4.5 Ghz.

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

When I had my 860K, I overclocked to 4.5 Ghz.

Good to know.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W