Good Registry Cleaner

MblaZe7run
Go to solution Solved by JeffreyEagan,

CCleaner.

I'm looking for a good (preferably free, but I won't cheap out today) program to fix my registry errors. At work, I know we use IOLO System Mechanic, but I'm not a huge fan of it in all honesty. Not really much else to say other than this is what I'm looking for, so please post any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

ive heard they are a waste of time and do nothing for your computer

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I'm looking for a good (preferably free, but I won't cheap out today) program to fix my registry errors. At work, I know we use IOLO System Mechanic, but I'm not a huge fan of it in all honesty. Not really much else to say other than this is what I'm looking for, so please post any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

CCleaner is the best...it can also help uninstall programs as well.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Don't use it unless you absolutely need to, but CCleaner.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Totally forgot about CCleaner.. Thanks guys!

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

DO NOT clean your registry. Only clean specific items related to a problem you face. Cleaning the registry is what usually leads (based on my personal experience) having issues with Windows Update much later in time, or upgrading Windows.

There is no advantage or reason to clean the registry.

The registry is a database. The concept of the database is that it can access information instantly without the need to load it all onto memory, and remain at a constant performance where it has few items stored or millions. The forum is a great example of this. Forums are using a database. The forum doesn't go slower when you add posts. The speed is the same all the time.

So there is no advantage of cleaning the registry.

DO NOT clean your registry. Only clean specific items related to a problem you face. Cleaning the registry is what usually leads (based on my personal experience) having issues with Windows Update much later in time, or upgrading Windows.

There is no advantage or reason to clean the registry.

The registry is a database. The concept of the database is that it can access information instantly without the need to load it all onto memory, and remain at a constant performance where it has few items stored or millions. The forum is a great example of this. Forums are using a database. The forum doesn't go slower when you add posts. The speed is the same all the time.

So there is no advantage of cleaning the registry.

I commonly install and uninstall software as requirements for my classes (upwards of 5 programs a week). Once the programs are uninstalled, they leave unnecessary information in the registry. I'm very good about keeping my system free of crap I don't need, and that includes invalid registry entries. I would remove them manually, but I can't be arsed. Thus, I rely on a registry cleaner to locate the erroneous entries, I analyze them, and remove only what needs removed. I've never had any issues with my system from manually cleaning entries, and worst case, I have multiple backups of crucial information and single backups of non-crucial info, and I'm not opposed to a good old reinstallation.