Coolant UV Reactiveness Loss Problem

specik

Hey all,

I've been trying to get this question answered for a little over a week now, so I figured I'd post on here and see if any of you had any thoughts.

I've recently built a brand new PC including a watercooling loop (full build specs and photos are here if that helps). I've used all EK blocks, plus PrimoChill Advanced LRT tubing. When I first setup my loop I used EK Pastel Blue coolant, but I ultimately wanted a coolant that was UV reactive, so I flushed out the loop with distilled water and switched to EK UV Blue coolant. When I did that, after just 1-2 days, the coolant had lost all of it's UV reactiveness. After this happened, I decided I wasn't happy with the blue color scheme anyway so I decided to switch to Mayhems UV Pastel White. It's a really awesome looking coolant, but again, after 1-2 days in my loop, the UV effect completely wore off. This is after I flushed the loop with distilled water 3-4 times. I've never run any sort of cleaning agent through the loop since it's brand new.

I'm not sure what is causing this to happen. I've not added any biocides or anything like that to the loop and every component in it is high quality and bought brand new. I've done exhaustive research on the topic and the only other thing I've come up with is that for some reason there is high acidity in my loop. I'm not sure what would cause this to happen, but apparently, from what I've read, high acidity would cause UV to break down quickly along with messing up my blocks over the long term.

I've ordered a pH testing kit to test the now completely non-UV reactive coolant in my loop to determine what its acid level is but that hasn't arrived yet. In the meantime, I was hoping someone who maybe has come across this issue before can provide some insight. It'd be very much appreciated. Thanks!

I would like to see if any knows why as well, since I'm using similar components and wanting to add some uv effect in my loop. How long do uv reactiveness is supposed to last?

So an update here... The PH levels in my system were a bit high. Measured about a 5 on the test. Neutral is a 7. I'm going to flush out the loop tonight with some distilled water + a bit of baking soda to get the PH level up. Then, fill it with just distilled, test levels again and if all is well, flush it again and then add new Mayhems Pastel UV White. Will report back on how it goes.