Which Gigabyte motherboard?

The cheaper one.

A gigabyte Z97x SLI or Z97 Gaming 5 would also be good for a motherboard with SLI support. 

(Pretty much all z97 boards are the same, including MSI/Asus -- just get one with the features you need -- SLI/XFIRE, # of sata/USB ports, etc...)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

anything that is not gigabyte (terrible UEFI and no fans control options in the bios makes it for a POOPY experience IMHO)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

anything that is not gigabyte (terrible UEFI and no fans control options in the bios makes it for a POOPY experience IMHO)

I hate to say this, but they truly lack features vs their competition. Even Asrock is better in the features department.

if you have to choose between those to go with the Cheaper one

If you don't I would go for the Asrock Z97 Extreme4 or MSI Z97 Gaming 5(worked awesome with my 4690K and auto OC to 4.3GHz.......)

I am addicted to building gaming PCs but I don't have a great reason to stop...yet...

I hate to say this, but they truly lack features vs their competition. Even Asrock is better in the features department.

if you have to choose between those to go with the Cheaper one

If you don't I would go for the Asrock Z97 Extreme4 or MSI Z97 Gaming 5(worked awesome with my 4690K and auto OC to 4.3GHz.......)

The cheaper one.

A gigabyte Z97x SLI or Z97 Gaming 5 would also be good for a motherboard with SLI support. 

(Pretty much all z97 boards are the same, including MSI/Asus -- just get one with the features you need -- SLI/XFIRE, # of sata/USB ports, etc...)

Oh I didn't know Gigabyte was bad for that.  The MSI does looks good I may just go with it.

Oh I didn't know Gigabyte was bad for that.  The MSI does looks good I may just go with it.

yeah the MSI Z97 gaming 5 is an excellent motherboard for the price...might want to look at asus Z97-A, Z97-AR and Z97-E as well...they share similar features.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR