Planetside 2 spending

Jay123

So now that I'm rank 23 I feel it's time to actually put some money into PS2 as I am pretty confident i will continue to play it for quite some time. I usually play Medic with the exception of sometimes playing Engineer and the only vehicle I use is the Sunderer as I feel they are key to any victory. What's worth buying? Should I but SC or a membership? I'm not really interested in purely cosmetic things that don't aid me in any way.  I'm not looking to spend loads ATM since I'm saving for summer sales.

So far I'm thinking AA gun for the Sunderer or a better primary weapon for my medic class.

While I'm here I have another small question. Does the Composite Armour for infantry add health or is it just cosmetic?

"An Excellent Signature"

The composite armor adds health I believe.

I would buy an AA gun for one of your vehicles. That's the absolute most efficient thing to get to get more certs. Upgrading vehicles in general is because others can use them and they are a benefit to not only you, but anyone who is with you on your faction.

You both get XP for kills with it as well. The Bulldog (should be the grenade launcher) is also very effective for fly-by's at high altitude in major battles. 

Not sure on the SC VS Membership thing.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I really wanna buy that golden revolver but i think its a rip off.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Composite armor does not add health, it is completely cosmetic.  

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Heavy_Assault_Composite_Armor

I cant give you any upgrade suggestions because I rarely play medic or drive a sundy, but I can give you some input on membership vs SC.  Personally I feel the benefits of membership aren't worth it unless you are planning to maintain membership for a long time.  You basically get $5 worth of SC a month for the price of $15 and some other minor benefits, but after a few months of successive membership the benefits increase drastically and things like increased xp/resource/passive cert gain start to really add up.  

https://www.planetside2.com/membership

I always play medic, and always drive an AA sundy in armor columns, So I'll probably be the most relevant person to talk to.

AA Sundies are wonderful, the one time I was not driving one in an armor column, we were getting hammered with air, and the basilisks could do nothing to counter. So the first thing I did was run to gamestop and get a gamecard, bought 2 GF40 Rangers(this was before walkers came out) and threw them on my sundy.

I can tell you, I never had any "problems" with air again.

another bonus of the gamecards is I got a free NS-11P with it, and I got some camo for it on sale.

My Current loadout:

NS-11P with a 2x sight on it, HV ammo, and Flash suppressor.

I always play medic, and always drive an AA sundy in armor columns, So I'll probably be the most relevant person to talk to.

AA Sundies are wonderful, the one time I was not driving one in an armor column, we were getting hammered with air, and the basilisks could do nothing to counter. So the first thing I did was run to gamestop and get a gamecard, bought 2 GF40 Rangers(this was before walkers came out) and threw them on my sundy.

I can tell you, I never had any "problems" with air again.

another bonus of the gamecards is I got a free NS-11P with it, and I got some camo for it on sale.

My Current loadout:

NS-11P with a 2x sight on it, HV ammo, and Flash suppressor.

Thanks, I do love it when people kit out their sundys

"An Excellent Signature"

I want to play PS2 but i find it almost impossible to play. You can get killed so easily and it almost seems like to much is going on. I am going to try to play some more but I would never put money in that game unless i become amazing at it.

I want to play PS2 but i find it almost impossible to play. You can get killed so easily and it almost seems like to much is going on. I am going to try to play some more but I would never put money in that game unless i become amazing at it.

It does take a while to learn what all the HUD and Menus mean and learn the unique mechanics etc. but once you get into it it's really good. Just remember that doing well doesn't mean you have a good K/D, it means that the team wins. However, sometimes it doesn't matter how good you are if you are massively outnumbered or outgunnned, you'll probably lose eventually.

"An Excellent Signature"

i have a .5 K/D (last time i checked) and I'm considered a good player. I don't go for kills much, I'm more of a support player

If you're going to main engi, MAX OUT THE REPAIR TOOL AND AMMO PACK. This is of double importance if you're maining sundies. After that, I'd max out flak armor, then invest in a new carbine (assuming you're NC, I'd go with the AC-X11). The guns are mainly sidegrades, but after maxing those 3 things, it's a good way to go. As far as sundy certs, max out blockade and invest a little in mine guard as well if you're getting hosed by engies dropping in with tank mines. Kobalts are a cheap way to make your van a battle bus (as are the default basilisks considering the gunners have aim). Don't forget to help out those maxes as well! Huge amount of support certs to be earned there if your fragging isn't up to par.

I'm a squad leader in arguably THE BEST outfit in the world (NUC), so if you need any pointers with pretty much anything, just PM me, and I'll try to help out when I get a minute.

ETA:I've also spent much more on this game than I'd care to admit...that said, best deals would be membership, followed by the heroic boost on sale this weekend. Boosts are the only true shortcuts, as most of the guns really are sidegrades. Let me know what you're considering for purchase, and I'll give you a pretty good opinion.

People forget that this is an MMOFPS (including myself...played beta, hated it, only came back bc of insistence from friends), so it's either farm or be farmed. Search out WarpathWrel on YT, as he has some fantastic tutorials and reviews for any level of play.