What would you recommend FX cpus for?

How am i a strawman if i showed you exactly what you wanted.

The i3 is clearly above the FX 8320. That was my whole point.

Your point, which has nothing to do with temps. So why would you claim that FX chips are "space heaters" and "toasters"? Is it because that's what's expected of you to say? Why focus on the 8320 when the 8350 is up there? Being beaten by a small margin is still competing at either rate. 

Your point, which has nothing to do with temps. So why would you claim that FX chips are "space heaters" and "toasters"? Is it because that's what's expected of you to say? Why focus on the 8320 when the 8350 is up there? Being beaten by a small margin is still competing at either rate. 

Because the 8350 is MUCH more expensive than the i3 maybe,

might be cooler at the core of the CPU but the overall heat output of the AMD FX chip is much much much higher(i know for a fact i owned both BTW) an overclocked FX will heat up your room fairly quickly.

Explain to me the science behind that because anecdotes are only evidence of anecdotes. I would like to know the science behind how 60c of fan blown heat can heat a room hotter than 70c-90c of fan blown heat. 

Because the 8350 is MUCH more expensive than the i3 maybe,

That doesn't matter. We were talking about heat output. Also, FX 8350 competes with i5's at a similar price. Competing doesn't mean beating, it means trading blows. 

might be cooler at the core of the CPU but the overall heat output of the AMD FX chip is much much much higher(i know for a fact i owned both BTW) an overclocked FX will heat up your room fairly quickly.

oh yeah, this was the advice of a tech to me..he has a computer cafe and told me I'd feel the heat of his multiple AMD sets..too bad he didn't have AC for that.lol

5 amd, 5 intel

My question is , is a fx 8320 with stock cooler cooler than 60 degrees at load?

FXs must be OCed first to compete with an i5???

No, it must be overcloked to beat some i5's. Like I said, competition doesn't mean it has to beat it. You can clearly see in the BF4 benchmarks that they are close and that's all that's required to call it competition. 

My question is , is a fx 8320 with stock cooler cooler than 60 degrees at load?

Wow, you're really reaching. But, yes, barely. Show me a stock solution that doesn't keep a chip just a hair from it's max temp. 

I'm not saying the FX is better. I wouldn't recommend one and I am, in fact, upgrading to a 4790k myslef. However, facts are what they are. Haswell is hotter. 

Wow, you're really reaching. But, yes, barely. Show me a stock solution that doesn't keep a chip just a hair from it's max temp. 

I'm not saying the FX is better. I wouldn't recommend one and I am, in fact, upgrading to a 4790k myslef. However, facts are what they are. Haswell is hotter. 

Why am i reaching?

Why wound not  you use the stock cooler?

Why am i reaching?

Why wound not  you use the stock cooler?

Because they suck on both platforms. I don't see what that has to do with anything. If anything, the stock cooler would heat the room even slower than aftermarket because it can't displace the heat as efficiently so the point is moot. 

Stock coolers are shipped with CPUs just to have somehthing to keep em stable. They're not for cooling, if you get my point. I've seen the intel stock cooler not being able to keep an i5 4570S cool enough(it was reaching 70-75 degrees in games), and it was well mounted and the case had decent airflow...

It's the same for both Intel and AMD...stock coolers are there just to be there..to have them as a backup in case your main cooler fails.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

Stock coolers are shipped with CPUs just to have somehthing to keep em stable. They're not for cooling, if you get my point. I've seen the intel stock cooler not being able to keep an i5 4570S cool enough(it was reaching 70-75 degrees in games), and it was well mounted and the case had decent airflow...

It's the same for both Intel and AMD...stock coolers are there just to be there..to have them as a backup in case your main cooler fails.

Dude the stock cooler on my i3 works just fine.

Not my fault AMD has bad  and loud stock coolers.

No, it must be overcloked to beat some i5's. Like I said, competition doesn't mean it has to beat it. You can clearly see in the BF4 benchmarks that they are close and that's all that's required to call it competition. 

yeah, i didn't say beat..

i5-4670K &

fx-8350 (OCed) only has 4-6 fps difference..these are quite close for me..

but let's just not OC that i5-4670K.lol

the 8350's ave 51.8 fps is still very high

Explain to me the science behind that because anecdotes are only evidence of anecdotes. I would like to know the science behind how 60c of fan blown heat can heat a room hotter than 70c-90c of fan blown heat.

Simply because the intel CPU has it's temperature probe much closer to the actual cpu cores where as on AMD it's located further away...the AMD FX die is also physicaly a lot bigger than the intel mainstream chips AND it's soldered to the IHS where as intel use a TIM (thermal interface material) between the silicon and the IHS... that's why the actual heat output of the AMD FX cpu's is MUCH higher overall than intel CPU's even though it can be easier to dissipate it's still a cpu that can eat up as much as 300W from the wall once overclocked...the CPU is as big as a high end kepler GK204 GPU.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

And with that we learn you're just a fanboy not interested in being fair. Happy that your stock cooler doesn't suck for you. Otherwise, I think we're done here. 

Simply because the intel CPU has it's temperature probe much closer to the actual cpu cores where as on AMD it's located further away...the AMD FX die is also physicaly a lot bigger than the intel mainstream chips AND it's soldered to the IHS where as intel use a TIM (thermal interface material) between the silicon and the IHS... that's why the actual heat output of the AMD FX cpu's is MUCH higher overall than intel CPU's even though it can be easier to dissipate it's still a cpu that can eat up as much as 300W from the wall once overclocked...the CPU is as big as a high end kepler GK204 GPU.

Basically you just reinforced the fact that AMD's chips run overall cooler. How that happens is of no consequence, nor is how much power they use. In reality, the difference is likely negligible (hotter core and cooler vrms vs cooler core and hotter vrms) but people unfairly make it out to be a much bigger difference (or problem) than it actually is. Just like how they make a much bigger issue of the power usage between the two when the end result only matters when calculating energy costs annually. It's misleading and unnecessary. There are plenty of other good reasons not to go with FX. But, there are a few reason to go with it and intellectual dishonesty is helping no one. 

FXs must be OCed first to compete with an i5???

no, in most situations it can hardly compete with even a core i3...even once highly overclocked the single-threaded or ''per core'' performance remains much lower than intel haswell CPU's... this makes it for a cpu that underperform in most corcumstances...it can sometimes compete with a core i5 in SOME multi-threaded interger based workstation related tasks such as video rendering, trans-coding and compression...other than that the intel i5 haswell, even a lower end locked model is out of reach of an overclocked FX CPU and especialy in regards to gaming.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

why would I have temp problems on my i3? it's a 54w TDP chip, and draws about 41 something (as per some websites)..

OC a g3258 and the stock cooler is still fine

Basically you just reinforced the fact that AMD's chips run overall cooler.

no im reinforcing the fact that AMD FX CPU OVERALL HEAT SIGNATURE IS MUCH MUCH MUCH HIGHER THAN MAINSTREAM i5 AND i7 INTEL CPU'S AND THE SENSOR PROBE DETECTED TEMPERATURE WON'T MEAN SHIT...

you are not worth my time sorry go educate yourself google is there for you.

no, in most situations it can hardly compete with even a core i3...even once highly overclocked the single-threaded or ''per core'' performance remains much lower than intel haswell CPU's... this makes it for a cpu that underperform in most corcumstances...it can sometimes compete with a core i5 in SOME multi-threaded interger based workstation related tasks such as video rendering, trans-coding and compression...other than that the intel i5 haswell, even a lower end locked model is out of reach of an overclocked FX CPU and especialy in regards to gaming.

yeah I can see some of those benchmarks i3 > FX..

the FX marks are playable of course...its just that my i3 is a measly 54w tdp chip  :D (almost like a steal)

even 2nd and 3rd gen i5's are still kicking well

Space Heaters

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

no im reinforcing the fact that AMD FX CPU OVERALL HEAT SIGNATURE IS MUCH MUCH MUCH HIGHER THAN MAINSTREAM i5 AND i7 INTEL CPU'S AND THE SENSOR PROBE DETECTED TEMPERATURE WON'T MEAN SHIT...

you are not worth my time sorry go educate yourself google is there for you.

Let the butthurt flow, brother. 

Having an irrational love affair with a product to the point where 60c is magically hotter than 90c would probably make any googling worthless. Because a fraction of a fraction of an inch in distance for a temperature probe should certainly be enough to explain away a 30 degree discrepancy. Also, unicorns are magic! 

I would truly recommend FX. I have an 8320e overclocked to about 3.7ghz and it runs smoothly. The only bad thing about all of Amd's cpus for that matter is that the heatsink/fan they give are terrible. Still good cpu's for gaming