Do you have OCD? How bad is it?

Aleks

It's ok, nobody else does either.

That's the glory of it. We can devalue it and everyone can pretend they have OCD too because they like their socks to match.

In other news I have now have depression because I finished the cookies.

Just to be clear, I'm not claiming to have it. I've had people brush of serious issues that I've had before and it's annoying, so I don't want to devaule it as you say. Not to mention, I don't know why I would want to pretend to have a problem that I don't have, that would be pretty stupid. :P

Wanna see people's level of OCD?  Okay...

Stop, go to you desktop and press "PrtScn".  Don't you dare change anything before the screen-shot is taken...

GTqUSfi.jpg

I had bad ocd, to the point of crying because I think something bad was going to happen to me or family members. I've had it since elementary school and it got worse throughout my life. It started with not stepping on cracks, then i moved onto the light switch thing. I've almost gotten into accidents because of the temperature gauge on my car because I had to look at the Cold instead of hot, and if I saw Hot i'd have to repeat looking at it again. Sometimes certain letters like E or F or I would trigger it.. My ocd for the last few years revolves around hot things like coffee,stoves, barbeques, fireplaces, hot water, hot side of faucets e.t.c. i would repeat things all the time like a certain set of words like freeze, ice, cold e.t.c. to calm me down. Or making sure doors are locked, or making sure i look at the fridge or the cold side of a faucet before i left the room. I would go up and down the stairs at least 8 times a night, maybe more to make sure the doors are locked and the stove and barbeque are turned off... Its not fun. I went on medicine and it helped a bit, but I built up a tolerance. That is until I started smoking weed and my ocd for the most part went away, I'd say 90% gone, where as medicine helped less than 50%. But I haven't smoked in a couple of weeks and my symptoms are slowly coming back which sucks. I'm glad It isn't as bad as it was though. Also my Ocd is diagnosed by a doctor.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Wanna see people's level of OCD?  Okay...

Stop, go to you desktop and press "PrtScn".  Don't you dare change anything before the screen-shot is taken...

I can't keep any folders on my desktop.. It feels unnatural not having them in the provided document, pictures, etc.

also, background pictures must all be related and in (RGB) color order.

muv6o3.jpg

I had bad ocd, to the point of crying because I think something bad was going to happen to me or family members. I've had it since elementary school and it got worse throughout my life. It started with not stepping on cracks, then i moved onto the light switch thing. I've almost gotten into accidents because of the temperature gauge on my car because I had to look at the Cold instead of hot, and if I saw Hot i'd have to repeat looking at it again. Sometimes certain letters like E or F or I would trigger it.. My ocd for the last few years revolves around hot things like coffee,stoves, barbeques, fireplaces, hot water, hot side of faucets e.t.c. i would repeat things all the time like a certain set of words like freeze, ice, cold e.t.c. to calm me down. Or making sure doors are locked, or making sure i look at the fridge or the cold side of a faucet before i left the room. I would go up and down the stairs at least 8 times a night, maybe more to make sure the doors are locked and the stove and barbeque are turned off... Its not fun. I went on medicine and it helped a bit, but I built up a tolerance. That is until I started smoking weed and my ocd for the most part went away, I'd say 90% gone, where as medicine helped less than 50%. But I haven't smoked in a couple of weeks and my symptoms are slowly coming back which sucks. I'm glad It isn't as bad as it was though.

I guess people sometimes forget how bad OCD can actually get. Sorry to hear about your struggle man. Glad you are finding ways to overcome it.

I guess people sometimes forget how bad OCD can actually get. Sorry to hear about your struggle man. Glad you are finding ways to overcome it.

thank you. I hope it won't come back as bad as it was. I find if I keep myself occupied It isn't as bad.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

I can't keep any folders on my desktop.. It feels unnatural not having them in the provided document, pictures, etc.

muv6o3.jpg

Those wallpapers. Where did you get them? They're so awesome.

I can spend up to an hour adjusting the things on my desk.

And fellow OCD people, sorry for the cringe coming up:
I left my window open one rainy day

MY DESK WILTED AND BUBBLED

and it was ruined!

;C

And i had to take EVERYTHING off my desk and try rescuing my stuff :C
Everything survived but i had to put plexiglass over the wooden top to make the swelling unnoticible (i have led's, so the edges of the plexiglass lights up!!! Looks epic)

I have OCD in everything except my schoolwork (lawl) 

Sometimes my room becomes a terrible mess, but before i go to bed, I MUST CLEAN IT TO THE NANOMETER!!

Also if my pillows and blankets aren't lined up perfectly when i'm sleeping (even if it feels comfortable), i will spend up to another hour making it look neat.

ALso if my screen's dirty

etc.

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

If a pc doesent boot within 15 seconds including post i go crazy...

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

muv6o3.jpg

I usually just have My Computer and Recycling Bin in the top left;  a general folder for downloads and a text doc for quick text saving on the lower left; and finally whatever games I am currently playing, but eventually will uninstall on the lower right.  Everything else is because I am too lazy to delete or save.  I am not too obsessive, but I don't ever fill my desktop with ... "stuff".

OCD is an anxiety disorder. I'd bet money you don't have OCD. Wanting to have all of your cables match is not OCD.