Water cooling reference R9 290

I am planning to buy a reference R9 290 so that I can water cool it. I planning on using the Kraken G10 but I can ot decide on a water cooler. I have a core i3 4150 with an h100i ( I know it is overkill but I will upgrade the CPU ). I have an S340 so I can only fit a 120mm radiator on the rear of the case. I am trying to decide between the Kraken X31, the H55, and the H75 ( I read it is an H55 with 2 fans instead of 1 ). The other optio would be buying one of the mentioned cooler and use the H100i on the 290 while I get the new CPU and use the 120mm radiator on the dual core i3 ( which does not produce a lot of heat ). What is the best option?

Thanks in advance.

You want as many fans on that cooler as possible to keep the uncovered VRM's cool (Id even suggest a full waterblock that covers the VRM's).

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

You want as many fans on that cooler as possible to keep the uncovered VRM's cool (Id even suggest a full waterblock that covers the VRM's).

The thing with the water block is that I do not want a custom loop because they requiere mantaince, experience and they are expensive. This is why I want to stick with closed loop.

Yep, if you don't want to fully water cool this may help quite a bit 

Planning on doing an upgrade like the too :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

What is it?

What is it?

Its a heatsink made for 290/x vrm  :) will help because those things get hot! 

Doesnt work. I tried the GELID cooler with that add-on on one of my 290x's to try and replace the stock cooler. The VRM get too hot and the card becomes unstable. :( But maybe if you pair that watercooler with those it might work :)

The thing with the water block is that I do not want a custom loop because they requiere mantaince, experience and they are expensive. This is why I want to stick with closed loop.

Custom loops dont need any maintenance except when you want to change the fluid or plan to change the loop in some way. But yes they are more expensive I will give you that.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Doesnt work. I tried the GELID cooler with that add-on on one of my 290x's to try and replace the stock cooler. The VRM get too hot and the card becomes unstable. :( But maybe if you pair that watercooler with those it might work :)

Yes, i should have specified that this was to pair with the AIO cooler, thanks :) 

Custom loops dont need any maintenance except when you want to change the fluid or plan to change the loop in some way. But yes they are more expensive I will give you that.

Dont they need fluid changing every year or so?

Dont they need fluid changing every year or so?

Yes. But not thoose AIO coolers.

Its a heatsink made for 290/x vrm  :) will help because those things get hot! 

That is a great idea. I think I may buy one.

That is a great idea. I think I may buy one.

If you need some convincing look at the results here :) 

It's rather inexpensive and can do nothing but good :P 

If you need some convincing look at the results here :)

It's rather inexpensive and can do nothing but good :P

The fall from 98 to 74 degrees really was really impressing, especially if you consider that it costs $15. I am surely going to buy it now.

Returning to my original question, what do you think would be the best option? The X31 or H55/75 on the GPU and the H100i on my i3, or the other way around.

Returning to my original question, what do you think would be the best option? The X31 or H55/75 on the GPU and the H100i on my i3, or the other way around.

I don't know water cooler too well, although i do think you should keep the h100 on you cpu, (man that things gotta be cool with that thing). 

Hopefully someone will advise on the cooler to choose :) 

I just noticed that the h100i is not compatible with the kraken g10. So I could buy the hg10 ( corsairs own gpu bracket for aio coolers ) but it is more expensive.