Random 10 minutes studders

Go to solution Solved by squid4fl,

Does the mouse start jumping by itself or is your mouse-movement just not fluent anymore? In the first case i'd say its a virus.

In the second case (as you said temps are fine and i assume cpu usage is also normal) thats really strange. If you were using a hard drive that could be an issue but on an ssd no. I'm pretty sure it has to be a software problem. What else could cause such a problem. I'd suggest reinstalling windows.

So after the fan on my stock Intel i5 2320 heatsink stopped working, I replaced it with a ARCTIC Alpine 11 Plus and even sense then, after I boot into Windows 7 Pro, and I open anything, it starts studdering. However, after about 10 minutes it stops and it is fine. And this it only happens after rebooting or turning back on. When coming back from sleep or hibernate it works fine.

Here are my specs.(The one on my profile are outdated agh)

CPU - Intel Core i5 2320 @ 3.0 Ghz

Motherboard - Foxconn 2ABF
RAM - 8 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
GPU - GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
Storage - 240 GB HyperX 3K - WD Black² - 500GB Seagate Barracuda
PSU - Corsair RM750
Cooling - ARCTIC Alpine 11 Plus

Ran by coffee

What exactly do you mean with studdering? What are your Cpu temps and do they change once this occurs?

Intel Core i7 4790K || G.Skill 16GB DDR3 || MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || Fractal Design Define R5 || Asus Gryphon Z97 || EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 || Crucial MX100 256GB || Noctua NH-D15

What exactly do you mean with studdering? What are your Cpu temps and do they change once this occurs?

My mouse jumps everywhere, opening something just jumps when opening (like Google Chrome the website loading ring jumps beside making the smooth animation) and my temps are 30 degrees and they stay the same when it studders.

Ran by coffee

by looking at it, I have a strong feeling the new heatsink and fan you installed is actually less effective at cooling thatn the Intel stock cooler.

you have the 3/4pin connected to the cpu header?

what did you use for thermal grease?

you didn't bump or knock loose anything while you were working in side the cae did you? did you recheck all connections and see if ram is seated right?

another question. you didn't remove thwe cpu when replacing the HS did you?

by looking at it, I have a strong feeling the new heatsink and fan you installed is actually less effective at cooling thatn the Intel stock cooler.

you have the 3/4pin connected to the cpu header?

what did you use for thermal grease?

you didn't bump or knock loose anything while you were working in side the cae did you? did you recheck all connections and see if ram is seated right?

another question. you didn't remove thwe cpu when replacing the HS did you?

The 3 pin connector is connected haha, the fan spins. I used Antec Formula 6 Nano Diamond Thermal Compound. I checked every connection three times and the ram was the first thing I checked. And I didn't remove the CPU when I replaced the heatsink.

Ran by coffee

I tried just running off my boot drive (The SSD in the Black²) and "futz a nutz around" < what?

Ran by coffee

I tried just running off my boot drive (The SSD in the Black²) and "futz a nutz around" < what?

isolate the ssd. just trying to find out if something is being seeked out on the HD or not.

futz-a-nutz.............. do whatever it was you were doing while you were having the problems. see what happens.

also, what programs are causing this?

d

isolate the ssd. just trying to find out if something is being seeked out on the HD or not.

futz-a-nutz.............. do whatever it was you were doing while you were having the problems. see what happens.

also, what programs are causing this?

Same thing, right when I get to the desktop, the mouse starts jumping and opening everything is studdering, untell 10 minutes have passed, then it acts fine.

Ran by coffee

when is the last time you updated the motherboard drivers?

also, have you opened the device manager and tried to update anything?

Does the mouse start jumping by itself or is your mouse-movement just not fluent anymore? In the first case i'd say its a virus.

In the second case (as you said temps are fine and i assume cpu usage is also normal) thats really strange. If you were using a hard drive that could be an issue but on an ssd no. I'm pretty sure it has to be a software problem. What else could cause such a problem. I'd suggest reinstalling windows.

Intel Core i7 4790K || G.Skill 16GB DDR3 || MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || Fractal Design Define R5 || Asus Gryphon Z97 || EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 || Crucial MX100 256GB || Noctua NH-D15

No my it isn't my mouse movement, I even turned the DPI all the way up and it took a minute to fully reach the other side, even make sure the mouse wasn't doing this. I'll grab my Windows 8 Pro ISO and reinstall windows. Thank you very much for trying to fix my problem :)

Ran by coffee

No my it isn't my mouse movement, I even turned the DPI all the way up and it took a minute to fully reach the other side, even make sure the mouse wasn't doing this. I'll grab my Windows 8 Pro ISO and reinstall windows. Thank you very much for trying to fix my problem :)

You're welcome. I hope that'll fix it. Otherwise post again!

You're welcome. I hope that'll fix it. Otherwise post again!

It's fixed it, took forever because I have Windows 8 Pro license so you have to update, download and update to 8.1 and update again but the studders are gone! Thank you so much!

Ran by coffee