battlefield terrible fps R9 290x

huracan

Yeah that guy is just being an assclown. I have seen countless benchmarks of no bottle-necking with  that cpu in bf4.

correct it should be much better...BF4 is known to have wierd performance issues like that probably something is fucked up in regards to the game itself...i'd suggest you completely uninstall battlefield and redo the installation.

I had this problem once on my machine and it did the trick.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Before you do that. Delete the Bf4 directory In "my documents" then reload the game again for it to recreate your config.files...

Better to try this before deleting the game.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Yeah that guy is just being an assclown. I have seen countless benchmarks of no bottle-necking with  that cpu in bf4.

Ya and those benchmarks are offline.

Ya and those benchmarks are offline.

I play bf4 online with my fx8350 @stock running dual 280x, awesome fps, smooth gameplay, my only problem is that i mostly play world of tanks, and that is a single threaded program, so i get less fps there than on my second rig which has an intel cpu

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

I play bf4 online with my fx8350 @stock running dual 280x, awesome fps, smooth gameplay, my only problem is that i mostly play world of tanks, and that is a single threaded program, so i get less fps there than on my second rig which has an intel cpu

When I was running FX is had frame dips to 38fps online 64player.

When I was running FX is had frame dips to 38fps online 64player.

:o what graphics card did you have with Fx?

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

That absolutely does not matter but it was the same GPU that I am using current with my Intel rig. Framerates whent up on the Intel rig by around 40fps on the min.

bro i think im gonna wait for 300 and ill ask for a refund, they'll probably take 15%  restocking fee or if available i'll go for an acx 2.0..

R9 290x :( 

correct it should be much better...BF4 is known to have wierd performance issues like that probably something is fucked up in regards to the game itself...i'd suggest you completely uninstall battlefield and redo the installation.

I had this problem once on my machine and it did the trick.

yeah in 3d mark and all other benchmarks this thing is a beast but in bf4 its not doing well......

Before you do that. Delete the Bf4 directory In "my documents" then reload the game again for it to recreate your config.files...

Better to try this before deleting the game.

i re installed windows 8 thrice.....and the problem still persists.

CPU: FX8320 @ 4.2GHZ, GPU: R9 390 PCS+Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, MotherBoard: ASRock 970 Extreme 3 r2.0, PowerSupply: EVGA 600b 80+Bronze, Storage: seagate Barracuda 1TB SSHD & Case: Corsair Carbide 200r

Oh amd cpus how i love thee so much.

If you havent noticed your 290x is being bottleneck by your cpu.

Bf4 is probably the only game in which amd CPUs perform decent in.

CPU: FX8320 @ 4.2GHZ, GPU: R9 390 PCS+Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, MotherBoard: ASRock 970 Extreme 3 r2.0, PowerSupply: EVGA 600b 80+Bronze, Storage: seagate Barracuda 1TB SSHD & Case: Corsair Carbide 200r