difference between z97 and h97 chipset?

jousef

Z97 supports SLi unless it the cheapest board like the MSI Z97 PC Mate

H97 only allows at most CF if not only 1 GPU

Z97 will be the only board to OC your K CPUs

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I suppose Z97 is better for ocing and has a few more features, and ^

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

ZX7 boards can overclock.. that's the biggest difference. You also have multi-GPU support (SLI, CF) Theyre a bit more expensive though

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

^

Go Z97 if you want SLI support or want to do overclocking. Some H97 boards will allow overclocking, but in general Z97 is better because of better features and better power delivery to the cpu allowing for higher / more stable overclocks.

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

ZX7 boards can overclock.. that's the biggest difference. You also have multi-GPU support (SLI, CF) Theyre a bit more expensive though

not really the MSI offerings of Z97 boards are just over 10-20 dolalrs more if not same price as the H97 boards

that is if you dont mind the blue/brown boards

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.